Sponsored by:

AC Delete By Fiberglassing Existing AC Box

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2020, 12:10 PM
trevorhowe1212
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Default AC Delete By Fiberglassing Existing AC Box

I found a thread where someone has done exactly what I am looking to do, but the pictures are long gone and it was from 2012. The pictures I was able to recover from google are lacking any detail. Curious if anyone else has done this and has some wisdom to share and maybe some pictures?
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ac-delete.html

I have an 80 that had the AC compressor removed long before I got the car. I want to get rid of the evaporator and clear up some space in the engine compartment from the huge AC box. BUT I want to keep the heater working. Eventually, this car will get a vintage air kit, but that is likely a few years down the road. I don't really want to spend $160 on the acdelelete.com part. I like the DIY challenge. So I want to take the AC box out, cut out the extended portion that housed the evaporator, then fiberglass over it to basically recreate the acdelete.com part. Fiberglass resin kit from homedepot is pretty cheap, so I figured this would be a good first fiberglass project.

Thanks for you input and advice!
The following users liked this post:
worship79 (08-30-2023)
Old 11-19-2020, 06:19 PM
BKbroiler
Le Mans Master

Received 706 Likes on 401 Posts

Your plan to build the cover to replace the evaporator housing is commendable, I just went with the ACDelete piece.

Quick Reply: AC Delete By Fiberglassing Existing AC Box