Sponsored by:

77 Compartment Doors

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 02:24 PM
wnmech
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 77 Compartment Doors

My three fiberboard compartment doors are in pretty bad shape. Has anyone out there fabricated new doors out of plywood or any other material? Thanks
Old 05-30-2008, 05:07 PM
wnmech
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody replaced these doors or should I just buy the Willcox complete assembly?
Old 05-30-2008, 06:34 PM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,271 Posts

Don't use plywood or particle board for the replacements; any water at all will warp or disintegrate them. Lowe's or Home Depot have some "engineered lumber" stuff that is waterproof and probably more sturdy than the original material. I think you can get it in the same thickness. Also, when you are trying to put the new plastic frames on the doors and having trouble because of the carpet pile thickness, etc., try this: get another piece or wood (or use the old door piece) and place it on top of the frame [which is already loosely placed on the new door]. Then sandwich it all together with 3 or 4 squeeze clamps; clamp a little at a time and work around the door till it all gets squeezed tight. Then just drill the new attachment holes and put the screws in. Be careful not to overtorque the screws or the new frames will crack. Works like a charm!

Get notified of new replies

To 77 Compartment Doors

Quick Reply: 77 Compartment Doors