Sponsored by:

J&S Motors Fairmont Indiana ????

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 06:38 PM
400hp427vette
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09
Default J&S Motors Fairmont Indiana ????

http://www.jsmotors.com/
Anyone know these guys? I have a receipt that my car was sold there in feb 2003. I contacted the purchaser. I also found a magazine with a name and address on it of a guy who claims he restored the car and sold it to this J&S Motors. The guy said that he gave J&S alot of paperwork and receipts to them. The buyer in 2003 Says he never got that paperwork. I called J&S about it & they said thats to much work to go through,they are to busy and its something they just won't do, Sorry have a nice day click. has anyone dealt with them? or had problems like this in the past?
Old 06-03-2008, 09:02 PM
terry82
Le Mans Master

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts

i have talked with them ,there prices were fair .if they had the paper work its of no use to them now . if they ever got the paper work they would have gave it to the new buyer .why would they keep paper for 5 years on a car they dont own.the guy who restored it should have kept pics to show other vette owners what kind of work he has done .
Old 06-03-2008, 09:21 PM
400hp427vette
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by terry82
i have talked with them ,there prices were fair .if they had the paper work its of no use to them now . if they ever got the paper work they would have gave it to the new buyer .why would they keep paper for 5 years on a car they dont own.the guy who restored it should have kept pics to show other vette owners what kind of work he has done .
If they claimed to give it to the buyer when I spoke with them today, I would have an easier time dealing with this. He said "I have no time to dig it out and is not something I would anyway Sorry have a nice day goodbye" Those words are the ones that bother me.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:52 PM
terry82
Le Mans Master

he should have said ,if i find anything i will call you or send it to you .for all he knows you may buy another corvette someday .i bet it wont be from j&s.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:34 PM
400hp427vette
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

That is for sure, He in business selling vettes and knows how important any paperwork is. What a shame this sucks.........
Old 07-03-2008, 02:08 PM
vintage-racer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J&S Motors= J*#K*$$ from Fairmount Indiana

I purchased #s 68 327 350 horse coupe from him several years ago. Over a period of 2 days ,I "thought" I had checked the car out fairly well however, after signing over my title and driving off I soon realized I had no rear lights what so ever. Of course , he ($t*v*) had looked for me while I hit the pedal,Big mistake. I returned a few minutes later to have that jerk tell me that the deal was completed and that he wasn't interested in MY problem . He ($t*v*)finalized our interaction by telling me to "get THIS car off of his property" . I can asure you that he will be of no assistance after money changes hands. I've purchased and sold nearly 50 vehicles and can honestly say I have NEVER had a more disappointing and infuriating purchasing experience. Do not purchase any vehicle from this "gentleman".

Last edited by vintage-racer; 07-03-2008 at 02:10 PM. Reason: addition
Old 07-03-2008, 06:22 PM
400hp427vette
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Thanks for the info. I didn't purchase this car for him although. I purchased it from http://www.ooley-blackburn.com/. These guys were great the paperwork they sent me included the receipt from J&S motors, last owners service records along with the j&s receipt, and a couple of catalogs. I called the last owner and he said the catalogs were given to him by J&S, These catalogs have a name and address stamped on the back. I looked up that guy who is 71 years old told me he restored the car and when he sold it he gave all the documents to J&S. So J&S has my docs and its not important for him to give me or (sell) me the paperwork. which I would pay a hefty price for that info. I was also told by the restorer he never registered the car and the title given to J&S was from the original owner.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:50 AM
traveler501
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vintage-racer
Do not purchase any vehicle from this "gentleman".
Here it is 8 years later and I happened onto your warning about J&S Motors just before I was going to buy a 1962 Vette from them! So glad I took a minute and did the search. No way I'll deal with these guys after what happened to you. Many thanks for the heads up...and hope this brings a bit of satisfaction to you...

regards
John
Old 10-07-2016, 07:06 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,323 Likes on 2,772 Posts

These guys bought and sold my split window in the mid 70s and that represents the small window of ownership I cannot document. I have advertised for a contact with these guys but have been unsuccessful in getting any help.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:52 PM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler501
Here it is 8 years later and I happened onto your warning about J&S Motors just before I was going to buy a 1962 Vette from them! So glad I took a minute and did the search. No way I'll deal with these guys after what happened to you. Many thanks for the heads up...and hope this brings a bit of satisfaction to you...

regards
John
You should contact J&S and tell them that you won't be going through with the deal and tell them why. But don't expect them to care. Those kind of people usually don't until they are out of business . Then they just come back under a new name .
Old 10-07-2016, 08:15 PM
SHARKBIT77
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

I drove 2.5 hours about 4 years ago to see their cars. Was not impressed with the dirty cars and the poor people skills. The 2 cars I wanted to test drive did not even have a charged battery and they did not want to be bothered to get them running.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:44 AM
kenba
Safety Car

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: PHOENIX AZ. WHAT A MAN WON"T SPEND TO GIVE HIS ASS A RIDE
Received 306 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by bj1k
You should contact J&S and tell them that you won't be going through with the deal and tell them why. But don't expect them to care. Those kind of people usually don't until they are out of business . Then they just come back under a new name .
S&J has been in business for over 40 years & I doubt they will change there name because some guy 8 years ago claims they have paperwork that someone else told them they had & weren't nice on the phone. Also there is NO warranty on the old Corvettes. What you pay for is what you get. I have dealt with Steve over those 40 years & he is a honest guy. He is gruff & rough sometimes but a nice guy. Knew his son Jason since he was a baby. They are not slick Corvette dealers but you usually can buy for less than from the others. No dog in the fight but to not buy from them because someone got there panties in a wad over the way they act is silly.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:37 AM
bj1k
Le Mans Master

Received 375 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by kenba
S&J has been in business for over 40 years & I doubt they will change there name because some guy 8 years ago claims they have paperwork that someone else told them they had & weren't nice on the phone. Also there is NO warranty on the old Corvettes. What you pay for is what you get. I have dealt with Steve over those 40 years & he is a honest guy. He is gruff & rough sometimes but a nice guy. Knew his son Jason since he was a baby. They are not slick Corvette dealers but you usually can buy for less than from the others. No dog in the fight but to not buy from them because someone got there panties in a wad over the way they act is silly.
40 years in business and still treating people this way ? Sounds like they haven't learned anything about people and maybe time for them to close shop. I owned a restoration shop for over 25 years and always got repeat customers because I believed in the golden rule for everybody , not just close friends.
Old 10-08-2016, 01:39 PM
joewill
Safety Car

Received 259 Likes on 207 Posts

several reasons for no doc.

privacy laws.. can't hand over doc that has previous owners names, addresses, other shop repairs..

Liability... this litigation mad society.. a owner or one of his mechanics down the line can be held liable for just about anything that the current owner finds.. shody builds, accident records, other various non disclosures. sure cars are sold AS IS, but all you have to do is convince a judge there is a tiny bit of fraud or bad faith then he will throw the AS IS disclaimer out. Ain't hard to do the lawyering to make the seller's life he!!.

Last edited by joewill; 10-08-2016 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-08-2016, 04:56 PM
speedracer2
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I have bought four cars from them over the years. Arrogance is their top priority.
However their prices are more than fair, and the paper work is always in order.
Old 10-09-2016, 10:41 AM
kenba
Safety Car

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: PHOENIX AZ. WHAT A MAN WON"T SPEND TO GIVE HIS ASS A RIDE
Received 306 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracer2
I have bought four cars from them over the years. Arrogance is their top priority.
However their prices are more than fair, and the paper work is always in order.
Same here. All I want is a good doctor & don't give a sh*t about his bed side manor. Think that you will find most dealers a little short with people after dealing wit 1000'S of tire kickers & people looking for paper work & to fix things after the sale.
Old 01-21-2021, 05:55 PM
BLUDICE
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts

Any recent updates of this vendor - I’m thinking of looking over his lot of C3s.
Old 01-21-2021, 10:48 PM
terry82
Le Mans Master

i thought he was fair priced .
Old 01-22-2021, 02:56 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,323 Likes on 2,772 Posts

Originally Posted by BLUDICE
Any recent updates of this vendor - I’m thinking of looking over his lot of C3s.
You are answering a post from 5 years ago and in a thread from 13 years ago.

Lets start a new one.

Get notified of new replies

To J&S Motors Fairmont Indiana ????

Quick Reply: J&S Motors Fairmont Indiana ????