Sponsored by:

I'm still here

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Clams Canino
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I'm still here

And getting closer to clocking in full time on my beloved 68 vert. My elderly mother broke her hip and I had to fly back to NH and gather her up and take her to SC for in home care. Like I wasn't eating enough pasta already.... (sigh)

While I was in NH my backorder springs appeard from Zip. ,so now all that's missing from round one is the SS brake lines.

Outboard repair outta drop off after the holiday weekend so I outta be going full bore before too long. I had the power turned on in the garage yesterday so I could run the compressor. (too much current for the extension umbilival I had running garage)

Planning to get the spindles and carriers pressed out this week at least.

I've had real good luck with a muriatic soak to clean the parts to bare steel, followed by a rinse in baking soda, water rinse, dry and then prime/paint fast to prevent the new rust.

I'll be back as this progresses... This is the best board I've EVER seen. I wish I had the means to just download all the wisdom here direct to brain.

-W

I feel like I owned my car "all alone" for 30 years until I found this place.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:23 PM
riggs 74
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Clams Canino
This is the best board I've EVER seen. I wish I had the means to just download all the wisdom here direct to brain.

Would like to hear more about your progress as you move along with your project.

Riggs.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi CC,
Good to hear from you and have an update.
"Full Time" on a 68... now that sounds pretty nice.
There will be lots of pictures.... right?
Regards,
Alan

Can you say "vagenta" on this board?

Last edited by Alan 71; 09-06-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:55 PM
Clams Canino
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Even if I'm silent, I plan on going nowhere. I have access to a broadband connect only on Sat nights - so my ability to do a lot of pics is limited. For now, most of what I'm doing is the Rally68 job - all over again. So his "before and after" pics look remarkably like mine - and will/do for the moment.

I will post pics of the finished rear end job before I move to the front. That's got to stay my first focus or else I'll get overwhelmed with the "big picture" scenario. I keep telling myself that since I got the T/A's off and did the heater core already.. that I can do anything now.

I did a frame off on a 1959 many many years ago... and I sold it off after the rolling chassis was done and the body was in primer - because I just got sick of looking ahead and wondering "what's next". That, and my heart was always in the '68, so the '59 was just "busy work" in the long run. I also had a '67 vert for a whole week.... buyers remorse set in and I re-sold it for a quick profit. I only bought it because "he made me an offer I couldn't refuse", so I kinda knew I'd flip it pretty fast. I guess I'm the monogamous Vette owner type.
I entered the "winthevettes.com" sweepstakes, but secretly hope I don't win so I don't have to figure out exactly what to "do" with them except convert them to an IRA boost.

OK.... I'm off to bed. Its good to be here.

-W

Get notified of new replies

To I'm still here

Quick Reply: I'm still here