Proper seat mount bolts

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 07:40 PM
rbrock
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proper seat mount bolts

Hey,

I'm new to the Corvette world and to the forum. I've recently traded away my drag car for a '71 Corvette. The car body is alright and the driveline seems to be good. Electrically the is car is / was pretty bad and the interior is in bad condition. So I've spent the last month putting the wiring back the way that it should be under the dash and rebuilding the steering column. So now I've turned my attention to the wiring in the back half of the car. I've removed the drivers side seat for ease of getting to some of the wiring in the storage area and I've got a question.
What type of bolts should be for the seat mounting at the rear of the seats? The bolts that were in the seats weren't "normal" seat bolts that thread into steel inserts like the bolts at the front of the seats.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:11 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When you say "proper" I don't know if you mean factory original, but these are the ones I purchased from Eckler's when I installed my seats. They worked great.

http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?p...6&dept_id=1700
Old 02-15-2010, 11:56 AM
rbrock
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response.

I've figured out the issue. The car has seats from a 78 ~ 82 Corvette and the bolt pattern is different that the 71. So the rear bolts that I removed were "self tapping" bolts into the fiberglass, which I knew couldn't be correct. I found the original nuts for the rear seat mounting have been filled in with silicone. The car is just a driver as the original engine and transmission are gone, but I do want the car to be safe and not a cobbled up mess (current situation).
Old 02-15-2010, 12:10 PM
682XLR8
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

You can use a set of seat tracks from your model year to bolt these later C3 seats to the 71 locations. Other year C3 tracks will work, but not sure which

Get notified of new replies

To Proper seat mount bolts

Quick Reply: Proper seat mount bolts