Sponsored by:

sidepipes

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 08:16 AM
77vetter
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default sidepipes

I know there are several threads on this already but I want to know if there is anyone on the forum that still sells hooker SS headers and sidepipes. And if not, where is the best place to purchase them.

Seems like there were a couple of people that were selling them but they are no longer active on the forum so just wondering what I should do.

I want ones that will sit up right along side the rocker panel so I don't have to worry about bottoming out on them. Also want SS for the durability factor, so any help/advice will be appreaciated.

Also want your opinion on the steel shields, I know I want/need them but wondering which one you think would look best on my 77

http://www.steelshields.com/products.html#corvettes

I am not sure if the Stingray with flags is a little too busy, but I kind of like it. So I am kinda torn between the two stingray options. But since '76 was the last year for the Stingray emblem, should I just go with Corvette One option - don't want to open that whole stingray debate again
Old 03-09-2010, 08:31 AM
GREGG-73
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will have to shop your best price on the Hooker's, but as to my opinion on the side cover's.... I would go with simple and plain...its the last cover on the page. I don't think you have to tell people its a Corvette, Sting Ray, or Stingray...they can pretty much figure that out for themselves...and if they can't, well, then nobody can help them!

Stay in tune....
Old 03-09-2010, 09:22 AM
EyeLuvCorvettes
Burning Brakes

There is another option to Hooker sidepipes, you may want to check out
the following link to a thread on DC. There are pipes that are the same style as Hookers but they are cheaper. They are 321 stainless and everyone who has them loves them.

Worth checking it

http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...d.php?t=127883
Old 03-09-2010, 01:39 PM
77vetter
Racer

Thanks for the link, but is it just me or are the welds really visible? Seems like the hookers only have welds on the collector tube , not on any of the pipes themselves.

Get notified of new replies

To sidepipes

Quick Reply: sidepipes