Sponsored by:

My son's first quick ride in the Vette

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 01:40 PM
jaybird81
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My son's first quick ride in the Vette

So I know this sounds corny, but the other day I went to wash my 81. My son who is 3 and a half always wants to wash the cars with me. Usually he just plays with the hose making a mess and I wash the cars. But this time he was actually washing the vette with me. He was soaping it up and making sure he was gettting every spot. At one point I heard him talking to the car. He was saying "some day I will take care of you too." It was soooo freakin cute. One of my neighbors stopped and said to him "I hope your getting paid for this", I was like Paid?, this will be his someday"....
anyway, when we were done, he asked if he could sit in it while I pull it up into the garage. Which I usually let him do. He is to young and small to go for a ride in it and my wife won't let me put the car seat in the passenger seat ( I also don't think it is leagal), so I asked my wife if I could take him around the block. She was NOT happy..... Told me if anything happens our marrage is OVER..... I know I shouldn't have done it, but it is a real quite neighborhood and the blocks are short so it would be a 5 second ride, so I strapped him in and we went. I swear he was smiling the entire time. I can't wait to take him for a long ride.....

Last edited by jaybird81; 06-29-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:50 PM
VetteProject
Advanced

I have a 3yr old daughter, I know exactly how you're feeling!
Old 06-29-2010, 02:29 PM
78pace
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

thats what it is all about. my son is now 20 and he sinks more money into his project cars. he looks at me and says its my fault I started him down this road.......with the vette when he was young......lol
Old 06-29-2010, 02:37 PM
oldsarge
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Really nice to be able to share with your son. He may be the next gen vette head.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:44 PM
larryg3
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

great story!!!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 02:45 PM
bingham72
Intermediate

Default I'm with you.

I have three kids, my oldest is 6. When he was 2, I had just put in a new motor and took him for a ride around the neighborhood. He was grinning from ear to ear and loved it when I rev'd the engine.
The best was his declaration "Go Faster Daddy!" I have video of that somewhere.Now when he rides in it, he'll sit up and put his elbow on the window sill. Priceless.
My daughter is now 4 and she's the same way, "Go Daster, Daddy!" That's when I step on the clutch and give it a little rev.
It's nice to be able to share your hobby with your kids.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:49 PM
75+78 Corvettes
Pro

My daughter is only 1 and I can't wait to take her out for a ride. She's already shown interest in cars by playing and pointing to my models and even says "ca". She smiled nice and big when I cranked the 75 vette up (flowmasters) and pointed at it when I pulled it back in the garage. I'm going to take her baby carrier and put it in the passenger seat one day and take her out for a spin (which is legal) one day when it's not too hot out. So in the meantime, she can just sit in the driver's seat (these are from a few months ago and a few months apart):

Last edited by 75+78 Corvettes; 06-29-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Daytona69
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I used to put the car seat in both my '70 and '69 and take my son out all the time when he was between 2 and 5 years old...he loved riding in those old cars

Get notified of new replies

To My son's first quick ride in the Vette

Quick Reply: My son's first quick ride in the Vette