Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JET-HOT Coatings Sale!!!!

Old 07-08-2010, 05:58 PM
10caipirinhas
Pro

Interesting......

What tests have you done and can post here to substantiate the benefit to coating an intake manifold ?

A cooler intake charge makes more HP than a hot one......we should all know that by now, as drag racers have been packing cool cans and intakes with ice for decades while sitting in the staging lanes, but to what degree (pun intended) does this process improve engine performance when applied to an intake manifold ?

Your site indicates engine compartment and temp reductions that can be quantified on your header coatings, and I was wondering if there was anything current yet that could be publicly stated for intake manifolds, such as before and after dyno tests showing HP increases, if any, etc.

Gonna get a set of your headers for my car when the time comes. Thanks for any information which you may have available at this time.

Last edited by 10caipirinhas; 07-08-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:27 PM
0JET-HOT
Former Vendor

You are correct in your thoughts, although we provide the coating on the intake more for an appearance than a performance aspect. Thus we have not run any testing to date. When coated the intake is easier to maintain and keep clean as the coating is highly stain resistant so oil and or gas will not stain or discolor as it would normally do with a polished stainless or a chrome finish. Not to mention it will keep a uniformed look with the headers being completed.

Thanks,
Kevin

Originally Posted by 10caipirinhas
Interesting......

What tests have you done and can post here to substantiate the benefit to coating an intake manifold ?

A cooler intake charge makes more HP than a hot one......we should all know that by now, as drag racers have been packing cool cans and intakes with ice for decades while sitting in the staging lanes, but to what degree (pun intended) does this process improve engine performance when applied to an intake manifold ?

Your site indicates engine compartment and temp reductions that can be quantified on your header coatings, and I was wondering if there was anything current yet that could be publicly stated for intake manifolds, such as before and after dyno tests showing HP increases, if any, etc.

Gonna get a set of your headers for my car when the time comes. Thanks for any information which you may have available at this time.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:10 PM
c69vete
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts
Finalist 2021 C3 of the Year - Modified
2017 C3 of Year Finalist
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

If you are coating headders for reducing heat under the hood, does it matter the base material? S/S or mild steel. Also, do you coat the inside as well as the outside? Thanks
Old 07-13-2010, 10:55 AM
0JET-HOT
Former Vendor

Not it does not matter the substrate although we have seen greater heat reduction when coating stainless vs. mild steel. With that said though due to the cost of stainless about 85-90% of what we coat is mild steel or cast iron.

Everything we coat is done 100% inside and out. We are one of the only companies that actually due this. Very few applications are only coated outside, i.e. turbo applications, mufflers, etc.

Originally Posted by c69vete
If you are coating headders for reducing heat under the hood, does it matter the base material? S/S or mild steel. Also, do you coat the inside as well as the outside? Thanks
Old 07-13-2010, 12:55 PM
Young69Owner
Burning Brakes

What would it cost to get a set of Hooker headers and sidepipes coated?

Are you able to clean up mild rust in a few spots?

I actually have one or two dings - can you fix those too?
Old 07-13-2010, 01:19 PM
0JET-HOT
Former Vendor

We are unable to repair the dents, I would recommend having that done prior to sending to us as we will coat them as we recieve them.

PM sent for further details on sidepipes....

Originally Posted by Young69Owner
What would it cost to get a set of Hooker headers and sidepipes coated?

Are you able to clean up mild rust in a few spots?

I actually have one or two dings - can you fix those too?
Old 07-13-2010, 01:56 PM
10caipirinhas
Pro

Kevin......

Than you for the reply. It may be something you want to look into IMHO (or maybe not) as the RPM "Air Gap" manifold, and others that have oil splash shields attached underneath them, are proven to add small amounts of HP as a result of cooling the intake charge. If you could prove a 5-10 HP increase, or whatever figure it turns out to be, it just adds another benefit to your selling what is already a great product. Thanks again.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:08 PM
2000FRCZ19
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by JET-HOT
You are correct in your thoughts, although we provide the coating on the intake more for an appearance than a performance aspect. Thus we have not run any testing to date. When coated the intake is easier to maintain and keep clean as the coating is highly stain resistant so oil and or gas will not stain or discolor as it would normally do with a polished stainless or a chrome finish. Not to mention it will keep a uniformed look with the headers being completed.

Thanks,
Kevin
i have to agree the intake is very easy to keep clean. i have spilled quite a bit of gas on mine a few times and had no problems at all. it wipes right off. it does match the headers as a bonus.

Get notified of new replies

To JET-HOT Coatings Sale!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: JET-HOT Coatings Sale!!!!