Sponsored by:

NCRS Duntov Award list?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 10:17 AM
QuickVet
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default NCRS Duntov Award list?

Is there a place to see all the mid year NCRS Duntov award winners in chronological order?
Old 07-16-2010, 10:22 AM
GREGG-73
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This would be your best bet.... If, you don't see it....ask!

http://www.ncrs.org/

Stay in tune....
Old 07-16-2010, 10:29 AM
QuickVet
Race Director

I have looked at their site but have only been able to find the form to order a confirmation of award, which cost money. Thanks.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:31 AM
GREGG-73
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by QuickVet
I have looked at their site but have only been able to find the form to order a confirmation of award, which cost money. Thanks.
Join and post a question cheapo! A greater resource you will never find!

Stay in tune....
Old 07-16-2010, 11:47 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by GREGG-73
...Join and post a question...

Join the NCRS. Award winners for all of the various meets are always listed in The Corvette Restorer.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:11 PM
QuickVet
Race Director

what im trying to do is verify that my dad won the first dontov award for any midyear. I knew he had won the dontov close to 30 years ago, but when he told me he was the first to ever win it for a midyear and only the third person ever to win it; i couldnt believe it. I just wanted to see if this was documented anywhere. He might sell the car at some point and I thought it would be cool to add to the collection of information and awards he already has for the car.
Thanks,
Aaron
Old 07-16-2010, 01:35 PM
rvazquez
Drifting

Received 145 Likes on 81 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C3 of Year Finalist (stock)

Originally Posted by QuickVet
Is there a place to see all the mid year NCRS Duntov award winners in chronological order?
Quickvet,there is a NCRS database that lists all the cars with their awards, however it is not searchable by regular members. You have to pay a $300 fee to get it. This is from the NCRS website

Award Confirmation Document

NCRS is pleased to announce to its list of available services within the hobby the addition of an award confirmation document. This document will provide a complete listing from our NCRS database of the available award statistics for a specific Corvette. NCRS records date back to the mid/late eighties in many cases. The Award Confirmation Document could provide an important link or be the missing piece to a vehicles history.

The document will include owner’s name(s), net score(s), final score(s), award(s) received, the event type(s), event location(s) and the year the award(s) was presented. Where available, color, interior trim and horsepower will also be listed. This document will be in the form of a signed letter from the National Judging Chairman on official stationery with an imprint of the NCRS corporate seal.

The charge for this service is $300.00."

Like Easy Mike said in an earlier post, they publish the results in the "Restorer" magazine and if you know a ncrs member from 30 years ago that held onto all his copies, maybe you could get the info that way
Good Luck
Regards
Roy
Old 07-16-2010, 01:39 PM
QuickVet
Race Director

thanks for the help guys. I do know a guy that I can call who might have those magazines. I will keep digging.
Aaron
Old 07-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

NCRS DUNTOV Mark of Excellence Award
This award was created by the National Corvette Restorers Society in 1985, in honor of Mr. Zora Arkus-Duntov, long-time Chief Engineer for the Chevrolet Corvette, who retired from General Motors in 1975. The Duntov Award recognizes individuals for the restoration and preservation of 1953 -1974 Corvettes. To achieve this coveted award, an owner must attain a judging score of at least 97% out of 100 % based on an original "as manufactured" standard at a National or Regional NCRS event; as well as present the car for a rigorous performance test of all vehicle mechanical components and functions, all of which must operate as those of a new car, without a single failure. Finally, the car must again score at least 97%, at a National NCRS Convention, to receive the Duntov Award. The process of achieving the Duntov Award requires attendance at a minimum of three events, and must be completed within a three year period. As of June 2010, only 1394 Corvettes have achieved the Duntov Mark of Excellence.

If you're doing research, you can begin with 1985. Personally, why doubt your Dad? I'm willing to bet he has all the NCRS awards paperwork. Check the date on his Duntov Award.

Good luck.

Last edited by Easy Mike; 07-16-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:34 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Hey Aaron!! If you are quick... sent you a pm.. might be able to find out something for you tomorrow.

Not quick enough... Sent you another pm with my email address. Send me an email if you see this today (Saturday)

Last edited by PRNDL; 07-17-2010 at 06:23 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:06 PM
panama
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aaron:

I have all the info on the first Duntov's, mid years and others. Send me your Dad's name and I will be glad to check for you and report back.

John
Old 07-18-2010, 10:48 PM
Don Rickles
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 134 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C3 of Year

Originally Posted by panama
Aaron:

I have all the info on the first Duntov's, mid years and others. Send me your Dad's name and I will be glad to check for you and report back.

John
Just to let you folks know, panama, was also one of the first to receive the Duntov Award with his personally restored 1958. The best part is he still owns and drives it!

WB
Old 07-18-2010, 11:19 PM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,029 Likes on 1,315 Posts

Originally Posted by War Bonnet
Just to let you folks know, panama, was also one of the first to receive the Duntov Award with his personally restored 1958. The best part is he still owns and drives it!

WB
Your absolutely right. I know the car well. I use to judge it at some of the local Jersey & PA shows, 25+ years ago.

Get notified of new replies

To NCRS Duntov Award list?

Quick Reply: NCRS Duntov Award list?