Old 09-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Neptune75
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Just got my 75 Appraised...

Year/Make/Model 1975 Chevrolet Corvette Custom Miles: 85569
Item Grade (A thru E) Summary of Comments/Condition
B+ FINISH
This Corvette was treated to a very nice respray 11 years ago in a Dark Steel Blue two stage
paint. The finish is buffed to a deep, high gloss shine. The depth and reflective quality of this
finish allows reading of business card print of up to a foot away at most all panels of body.
There are a few flaws in paint at areas of stress cracks in fiberglass and door edges. The finish
is a nice example of a show able driver.
B+ BODY
The body on this Corvette is very straight and presents well with minimal flaws. The door, hood
and t- top gaps are consistent and fit good. The doors do not sag and close smoothly on the
strikers. There are minimal areas where stress cracks and damage repairs show through. The
body on this Corvette is consistent with a high end driver type vehicle.
A- FRAME
The frame on this car is in very good condition. The finish on this frame is done in a satin black
and consistent from front to back. The frame gussets have been reinforced to complement the
added horse power of this Corvette. The owner noted that the bird cage framing was very
clean when inspected during restoration. The dog legs are solid and rear control arms have
been fitted with stainless steel adjuster bolts.
B BUMPERS
The factory polyurethane front and rear bumpers have a nice fit and finish consistent with the
rest of the body. Some minor warping is noted and expected as common on this generation of
Corvette. Overall condition is better than average and present very nice.
A-/B- BRIGHT WORK/TRIM
The trim work is very above average on this Corvette with attention to detail throughout
restoration and ownership of this car. The door handles, lock covers, outer mirror, rocker trim
and many of the body emblems appear as replaced and in excellent condition. The original A
pillar and windshield trim shows a few minor dings but polished to a nice finish. The overall
appearance of the bright work is at a level of show able driver.
C+ GLASS
The glass on this Corvette is original equipment and presents itself as such. The windshield
has a few horizontal scratches through driver side that can be felt with your finger nail. The
rear glass has some scratches at the top .The right and left door glass have some vertical
scratches from the window sweeps. These scratches do not take away much from the usability
and presentation of this Corvette. The power windows function as designed with minimal
binding slow speed as common on unrebuilt regulators.
B+ INTERIOR
The interior on this car was restored to a nice level of presentation. It consists of newer seat
covers and carpets. The door panels have been restored, and all the ***** and bezels appear
nice and finished. All instruments work except oil psi. A very nice high end stereo head unit
has been installed with cd and dvd capabilities. The door sill plates have also been upgrades
and finish off this nice and fitted interior.
A- WHEELS
Custom chrome Cragar five spoke wheels in a 8 by 15 inch design and have a high shine as
newer replacements. The front and rear offsets on these wheels give this Corvette "that look".
B-/C+ TIRES
Newer Goodyear Eagle GT 2 tires. 265-60-1-R15 fronts and 275-60-R15 rears with at least 60
percent tread left.
A- SUSPENSION
The combination of stock and modified suspension helps this car go down the road straight
and true. Upgraded polyurethane bushings and complete rebuild of front end components at
time of restoration.
A- EXHAUST
Modified header to side pipe exhaust finished with a ceramic coating internal and external. The
exhaust note on this Corvette sounds good.
OK REAR END
The stock appearing rear end on this Corvette is anything but, with forged components
throughout and strengthened to control the added torque of this drive train.
OK IGNITION Modified HEI ignition has been dyno tuned and re curved for maximum efficiency.
N/A AIR CONDITIONING
Originally equipped with air and now present with block off plate. Owner has compete system
stored and will be installing a purchased Vintage Air System.
OK TRANSMISSION
A modified 400 Hydra turbo automatic transmission rebuilt using a Koan nine inch converter
and components per owner.
OK BRAKES
Factory four wheel disc brakes completely rebuilt using stainless steel components. Park
PDF created with pdfFactory tribaral kveesrsreibounil tw awt swam.ped tfimfaec. tory.com
OK ENGINE C.I.D.
Modified 454 cubic inch stroked to 496 cubic inches. All the best hardware used including but
not limited to forged crank, rods and pistons. Air Flow Research aluminum heads(3600
dollars), Edelbrock aluminum intake and High flow 950 cfm carburetor. This drive line was dyno
tuned as witnessed on U tube to over 460 horse power at the rear wheels. The owner states
that he has over 12000 dollars into the motor.
POWER OPTIONS: BRAKES WINDOWS SEATS MIRRORS TAPE CD RADIO T-TOP
CRUISE CONTROL TILT STEERING KEYLESS LOCKS MOONROOF CONVERTIBLE
CLASSIFICATION: TRAILER QUEEN SHOWABLE DRIVER QUALITY DRIVER QUALITY DAILY DRIVER
This 1975 Corvette is anything but your fathers Corvette" although it was handed down from his father and original
owner since new. The owner states that this car has never been driven in salt or snow. The miles on this car
demonstrate that to be so with only 2450 miles a year average. Since taking ownership of this Corvette from his
father, the owner has continuously restored, updated and enhanced the capabilities of this car with thousands of
dollars and many man hours passionately spent. As noted in the test drive this Corvette starts idles and drives with
very good street manors as it goes down the road straight and stops very good. It is truly a "wolf in sheep’s
clothing". To conclude on this Corvette, it presents as a very above average car that would fit in well at the car
shows.
DATE __8-25-10____ APPRAISED STATED VALUE _$10,000.00 wholesale, $14,000.00 retail_

Old 09-02-2010, 10:52 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,329 Likes on 2,775 Posts

[edited-comment taken wrong]

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 09-08-2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: delete comment
Old 09-02-2010, 11:48 PM
eastltd
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer5869
Ask him to provide 2 dealer sources that will buy the car at wholesale and 2 others who will buy it at retail.
Interesting comment Steve. Is that the normal way to validate an appraisal?
Old 09-03-2010, 12:39 AM
hwcoop
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

price sounds low compared to the description.

Mine came out at $23,900. Replacement cost without having the interior or body done. The appraiser came to my house the day after the body drop so it wasn't even running yet. This was before the recession so I will be in for a rude awakening when it gets reappraised this year
Old 09-03-2010, 01:37 AM
SanDiegoPaul
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I never had mine appraised. I've got an 'agreed value' policy with Hagerty Insurance for $20K. I could never sell it for that in this market but it's nice to have it insured as such.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:45 AM
twlinks
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Appraised values typically don't mean squat...other than for insurance purposes maybe. They can be high, they can be low. The current market ALWAYS dictates the value whether it's a Corvette, a boat, a house or your Grandma's old rocking chair. Everything is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay and a seller is willing to accept...on that day...at that time ONLY.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Neptune75
Pro

Originally Posted by twlinks
Appraised values typically don't mean squat...other than for insurance purposes maybe. They can be high, they can be low. The current market ALWAYS dictates the value whether it's a Corvette, a boat, a house or your Grandma's old rocking chair. Everything is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay and a seller is willing to accept...on that day...at that time ONLY.
.. this vett in particular is NEVER going to be for sale it was my fathers high school car he bought new in 1975 he drove it until it had about 40k and on it and parked it in 87.. i received the car my junior year in high school restored every nut and bolt with him and it has way too much sentimental... i was wondering if this appraisal seems consistent with other 74-82 rubber bumper cars.. it seams on to me with the about 9k to about 16k... i wish he would have graduated in 1967 personally...
Old 09-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Neptune75
Pro

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer5869
Ask him to provide 2 dealer sources that will buy the car at wholesale and 2 others who will buy it at retail.
ask the appraisal company? i personally thought the car would bring a little more money. about 15k what do you think?
Old 09-03-2010, 06:34 PM
BBCorv70
Melting Slicks

Received 107 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Neptune75
.. this vett in particular is NEVER going to be for sale it was my fathers high school car he bought new in 1975 he drove it until it had about 40k and on it and parked it in 87.. i received the car my junior year in high school restored every nut and bolt with him and it has way too much sentimental... i was wondering if this appraisal seems consistent with other 74-82 rubber bumper cars.. it seams on to me with the about 9k to about 16k... i wish he would have graduated in 1967 personally...
If you're not planning to sell it why have it appraised?
Old 09-03-2010, 06:36 PM
BBCorv70
Melting Slicks

Received 107 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by hwcoop
price sounds low compared to the description.
If it's a 75 with a 454, NOM. Could be why it appraised a bit low.
Not to say it isn't a nice car, sounds great from the description.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

That appraisal seems low.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Neptune75
Pro

Originally Posted by BBCorv70
If it's a 75 with a 454, NOM. Could be why it appraised a bit low.
Not to say it isn't a nice car, sounds great from the description.
the car currently is not NOM but i have every thing in my posession to make put the car back to original... i pulled the 350 out in 2001 and put it on an engine stand in my garage.. i have the original A/C and Ralleys including the spare tire..
Old 09-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Neptune75
Pro

Originally Posted by BBCorv70

The house/car insurance company would give me fair market value of a 1975 corvette. if i wanted to get actual cost of replacement i had to get a appraisal from accredited appraisal company.. it costed about 150 bucks to have the appraiser come out. he spent a total of 1.5 hrs taking about 200 pictures and documenting the car. it included a 5mi test drive. i showed him the build pics,recipts,and dyno video. it was pretty in depth appraisal.. i belive he even took a picture of the dip stick and its oil level..? he also stated that his appraisal numbers are not as generous as other companies..
Old 09-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Neptune75
Pro

Old 09-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Neptune75
Pro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coq6jnuoQ8U

here is the best description and video i have of the car
Old 09-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Neptune75
Pro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coq6jnuoQ8U

here is the best description and video i have of the car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwUatprD9no
Old 09-04-2010, 06:07 PM
hwcoop
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Insurance company told me if its not appraised they will give you book value for a 73 Chev regardless of condition

Get notified of new replies

To Just got my 75 Appraised...

Old 09-04-2010, 06:20 PM
7T1vette
Team Owner

Received 2,713 Likes on 2,271 Posts

Standard family car insurance policies will give you 'Black Book' [wholesale] valve when you total it regardless of any appraisal you have done. The policy stipulates how a total loss will be paid. You need to have an 'Agreed Value' policy, like those provided by collector car insurers.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Neptune75
Pro

Originally Posted by 7T1vette
Standard family car insurance policies will give you 'Black Book' [wholesale] valve when you total it regardless of any appraisal you have done. The policy stipulates how a total loss will be paid. You need to have an 'Agreed Value' policy, like those provided by collector car insurers.

by the way 7t1 how did your painted garage floor turn out?
Old 09-05-2010, 04:53 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

The owner states
that he has over 12000 dollars into the motor.

DATE __8-25-10____ APPRAISED STATED VALUE _$10,000.00 wholesale, $14,000.00 retail_

That's kind of a slap in the face aint it?

Quick Reply: Just got my 75 Appraised...