Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 06:31 PM
682XLR8
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Attn Northern CA C3's: Cruise to Southern CA

I'm talking about this cruise here:

[IMG][/IMG]

pauldana is organizing an awesome cruise/meet, so let's get a group together and meet up with the SoCal members!

The Plan:
Meet up in Dublin/Pleasanton on the morning of April 30th. Dublin is a convenient meeting point and crossroad for anyone traveling from the Central Valley, North and East Bay areas that all want to cruise together. Meeting point will be the Shell station on the SW corner of San Ramon Valley Blvd and Dublin Blvd. Easy access back to the freeway

The Time:
Leaving Dublin at 7:00am SHARP, so plan on being at the meeting point 15-20 min before to get the hand-shaking and how-do-you-do's over with, also for those coming in from a distance a chance to top off and grab some coffee.

The Route:
Start from Dublin, go south on 680 to 101.

First stop will be the San Jose meeting point, the Target parking lot at 3155 Silver Creek Rd in San Jose, just off East Capitol. The meeting time is 7:45am. This is the same place we met before heading out on the Big Sur run. Next stop will be around 8:30 at the Prunedale Cheveron in Salinas, 8695 Prunedale North Rd, at the intersection of US 101 and SR 156 where Don (Muddywaters) and crew will be waiting. Maps, directions, and intinerary will be provided at that time, as well as a pre-cruise briefing.

At all times during the cruise, I would like to see one car in front with a radio(to keep contact with those behind) and one in back(in case anyone drops out due to mechanical issues etc.). I will probably be in neither position because I can't hear the radio with the car in motion(I plan on having one anyway though!) Maintain the speed limit, or at least roll with the flow of traffic, we like the attention our cars get, but there's some types of attention we'd rather not have!

Our next stop will be the Broadway Circle Cheveron in King City, 47 miles and 48 min away, although this stop may not be necessary if everyone tops off in Salinas(we'll discuss it in Salinas). I've already called the station, and they have the 91 octane fuel, air, water, snack area, and restrooms in working order.

Next stop is the San Anselmo Unocal in Atascadero, 59 min 62 miles further down the road. Already talked to them, they have what we need. Brian SLO Vette 73 and company will meet us at the station a cruise on with us at that point, and someone remind me to call them as we approach town. Last chance to freshen up before heading to Santa Ynez, 1h 24min and 81 miles away.
Pit stop locations/mileage/times compliments of Google Maps/Mapquest

When we get there:
We will meet up in Santa Ynez at the high school parking lot, where we will likely be met by the high school film club! Wait for the SoCal crew if we get there first, and merge right on in as they go by. The cruise route then continues on through Solvang, then on to Buellton for lunch/park n show/BS session. The main SoCal cruise will then head north to Santa Maria before heading east towards 1-5. Those that want to keep cruising can go, or those that have had enough of driving for one day can head over to Santa Maria where our motel rooms will be waiting. Santa Maria will be our rallying point for those that want to go do their own thing.

After the cruise:
Time for some BBQ! I've booked the banquet room at AJ Spurs in Santa Maria for 6:00.....after dinner a few drinks....I know I'll be ready for a few!
Those that have posted have an "AJ" by their name, if you're undecided I'm sure they'll have plenty of room should one decide to join us later.

What to bring:
Whatever you usually bring on a cruise. I always pack a tool bag, folding chairs and a few snacks, and don't forget an overnight bag if your staying the night. Wouldn't hurt to bring a few cleaning supplies for cleaning off bug splatter and bird bombs I'm certain we'll encounter along the way. If you have a two-way radio, bring it. A radio can be a valuable thing to have especially if we get separated in an area where there is no cell service.

Motel Information:
Best Western
1725 North Broadway
Santa Maria, CA

888-326-3380

I talked to the manager, her name is Elaine, very nice and easy to deal with, she is giving us the AAA rate. She used to own a 68, so she knows exactly how it feels to drive a classic Vette!
The motel appears to be on a main street of Santa Maria, and built with a courtyard in the center so we can park close to our rooms and keep an eye on things. There is also a Save-Mart, CVS, and a Kragen just down the street.

It is up to the individual cruiser to call the number posted above and make your reservation!
Talk to Elaine, let her know you are with the Corvette Forum Cruise, and mention my name(Randy, or Randall I think is the name I gave her), she will go over the motel details. For those with non-forum member friends who are staying overnight, make sure they get this info! Those that have made their reservations have a capital R by their name.
Already made my reservation, make yours now!

Who's going so far:
1) 682XLR8 Randy R AJ
2) blueray72 Thomas R AJ
3) Muddywaters Don, Joanne R AJ 2
4) Solid LT1 Eric, Lori R AJ 2
5) corvett74e Steve R AJ 2
6) 5angell Tony, Sandy R AJ 2
7) Folsomlarry Larry and Margo R AJ 2
8) Bob and Becky from Merced R
9) tz1974 Tom and Candy R
10) 69Convertable Tony and Lorene R AJ 2
11) Jim + wife 68 Vert (cruiusing to Salinas)
12) SLO Vette 73 Brian
13) Mark from Arroyo
14) Karl From Paso Robles
15) Clubby99 Andrew R
16) Bee Jay (returning to Monterey later that evening)
17) ptroxx George R AJ
18) Ragtop69 Ken R AJ
19) Early Shark Warren R
20) Greg R
21) Yellow80 Tony R AJ 2
22) Tod M Elliot (SoCal, dinner, motel) R AJ 2
23) 70 meeting
24) 78 us in
25) 82 Atascadero

This is, of course, not limited to Northern CA (I know there are Forum members in Washington, Oregon, Nevada and beyond), but it IS limited to C3's.

Post up if you want to cruise!
PM for my cell#

Last edited by 682XLR8; 04-28-2011 at 09:35 PM. Reason: update thread
Old 01-30-2011, 08:43 PM
Solid LT1
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Hello Randy, if I'm not on call that date, I plan on joining the group. I'll have to check my schedule first before making a firm commitment.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:29 PM
682XLR8
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Solid LT1
Hello Randy, if I'm not on call that date, I plan on joining the group. I'll have to check my schedule first before making a firm commitment.
Call in sick

Actually I'm cutting it close myself, as I'm supposed to be at the Nevada Test Site first week of March. Looks good so far, as long as nobody screws anything up to cause the date to get pushed back

I'll put you down as a maybe Eric
Old 01-30-2011, 10:44 PM
Muddywaters
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool...an official Norcal thread for the Socal GTG Were easy here Randy in regards to the route. Probably would be partial to the Hwy. 1 on the way back...numerious spots for lunch on the Sunday Muddy

Randy...Eric, time for a sickie!!

Randy...may want to drop a duplicate of this thread or link within the Norcal section....

Last edited by Muddywaters; 01-30-2011 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:09 PM
682XLR8
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Muddywaters
Cool...an official Norcal thread for the Socal GTG Were easy here Randy in regards to the route. Probably would be partial to the Hwy. 1 on the way back...numerious spots for lunch on the Sunday Muddy

Randy...Eric, time for a sickie!!
Yeah, figured I'd better get a thread going...hopefully with Northern CA in the title it'll get some attention from the members up here in our neck of the woods

I've lived here all my life and have never been any further south on the PCH than Big Sur...and that was the time we all had our Vettes there! I'm looking forward to checking it out

I thought about the NorCal section.....but I think you, me Eric, Thomas, and a couple other C3's are the only ones that ever go there....and we already know about the cruise haha

Last edited by 682XLR8; 01-30-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:38 PM
Muddywaters
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 682XLR8
I've lived here all my life and have never been any further south on the PCH than Big Sur...and that was the time we all had our Vettes there! I'm looking forward to checking it out
No wonder you had a sh#t eatn' grin on thou mug... regarding the Big Sur GTG All I can say...is your in for more treats!!

Hey, just a thought... we could run with the Socal as far as Hwy 5...as it sounds like Hwy 41 is a nice drive. Then back track to Santa Maria for the bed down. From there we could hit Hwy. 1 N. Sunday morning?

Another thought....you guys could also come down here (Salinas) and stay the night Friday evening here at Joanne's...plenty of room! Muddy

Last edited by Muddywaters; 01-30-2011 at 11:40 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:18 AM
682XLR8
Safety Car

Hey, just a thought... we could run with the Socal as far as Hwy 5...as it sounds like Hwy 41 is a nice drive. Then back track to Santa Maria for the bed down. From there we could hit Hwy. 1 N. Sunday morning?

Another thought....you guys could also come down here (Salinas) and stay the night Friday evening here at Joanne's...plenty of room! Muddy
That's a lot of driving....we'll kick the idea around though

About staying over Friday evening-thanks for the offer, but I'll have to see how many we get meeting up in Dublin
Old 01-31-2011, 12:51 AM
Muddywaters
Melting Slicks

That's a lot of driving....we'll kick the idea around though

About staying over Friday evening-thanks for the offer, but I'll have to see how many we get meeting up in Dublin
Yea, is a tad of seat time...just wondering if we were going to get enough caravaning...if we didn't? We'll kick it around...and can even hold the thought... right up where ever we leave that caravan

Regarding Fri. night....that offer if for everyone. We have mattresses and couches for 4...but, we have a ton of floor space...and I'm sure we could come up with some cots as well! Muddy

Last edited by Muddywaters; 01-31-2011 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:36 PM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 306 Posts

I will update the page 1 roster for NorCal in the Socal thread according to what you show here...... get location from as well..p:-)

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...-march-or.html

Last edited by pauldana; 01-31-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:31 PM
682XLR8
Safety Car

Yea, is a tad of seat time...just wondering if we were going to get enough caravaning...if we didn't? We'll kick it around...and can even hold the thought... right up where ever we leave that caravan

Regarding Fri. night....that offer if for everyone. We have mattresses and couches for 4...but, we have a ton of floor space...and I'm sure we could come up with some cots as well! Muddy
We'll play it by ear

Originally Posted by pauldana
I will update the page 1 roster for NorCal in the Socal thread according to what you show here...... get location from as well..p:-)

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...-march-or.html
Old 01-31-2011, 02:50 PM
Swift_C3
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'd rather "MEET" the northern C3's than be "MEAT'ED" by them.....

Might want to correct that XLR8, please!
Old 01-31-2011, 03:07 PM
682XLR8
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Swift_C3
I'd rather "MEET" the northern C3's than be "MEAT'ED" by them.....

Might want to correct that XLR8, please!
Good catch!

Pauldana designed the poster. I only copied it, I can't change it
Old 01-31-2011, 03:15 PM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Good catch!

Pauldana designed the poster. I only copied it, I can't change it
Hey..... never ever calmed i know how to spell!!!

ill fix it when muddy sends me his pic...
Old 01-31-2011, 04:07 PM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

ok... my meat has been fixed

Muddy... check the new poster... your on it....

anyone that wants there car on the poster, e-mail me a pic...

and check your email....

682XLR8 go to page 1 and copy the new image.. I will be changing it as time goes on and new pics come in as well as changes in times and stops.... p
Old 01-31-2011, 07:32 PM
682XLR8
Safety Car

682XLR8 go to page 1 and copy the new image:
Done
Old 02-01-2011, 02:25 AM
Muddywaters
Melting Slicks

Muddy... check the new poster... your on it....

anyone that wants there car on the poster, e-mail me a pic...
and check your email....
PM'ed ya Paul...great PS work. Sent it to a buddy of mine with a 74...the poster did it's trick!! and most likey will join

Randy...the name is John! He is the original owner...and is highly modded.

Paul, John's business is Weather Forecasting...so we now have an offical expert

LOL... John also asked me...if there is an enlarged poster so he can hang in his garage. I then told him about you acquiring everyones car pic...for the poster. That would be a great poster to enlarge.

Done
How's the vette coming Randy? Muddy
Old 02-01-2011, 10:25 AM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

PM'ed ya Paul...great PS work. Sent it to a buddy of mine with a 74...the poster did it's trick!! and most likey will join

LOL... John also asked me...if there is an enlarged poster so he can hang in his garage. I then told him about you acquiring everyones car pic...for the poster. That would be a great poster to enlarge.
Muddy
thx... ..... so, can we add "John" to the count?????

Get notified of new replies

To Attn Northern CA C3's: Cruise to Southern CA

Old 02-01-2011, 10:26 AM
682XLR8
Safety Car

How's the vette coming Randy? Muddy
Think I've heard you mention him before....I'll add him as a maybe

Got a call from the shop yesterday, seven bad exhaust valve guides, likely due to using inferior guide materialWTF Brodix

Still working the Miniram deal, the intake is in Texas, so I probably won't see it till next week
Old 02-01-2011, 11:55 AM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Started the border corvettes on the poster now.... send me pics of your C3's and i will continue the left side of the poster with a C3 border...

pauldana@hotmail.com
Old 02-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Muddywaters
Melting Slicks

thx... ..... so, can we add "John" to the count?????
Yep!

Think I've heard you mention him before....I'll add him as a maybe

Got a call from the shop yesterday, seven bad exhaust valve guides, likely due to using inferior guide materialWTF Brodix

Still working the Miniram deal, the intake is in Texas, so I probably won't see it till next week
Yea, John called the weather, we had on the last GTG..should we boot him now? LOL All kidding aside, he warned us!!

Your freakn' kidding regarding Brodix Did you call them?

So was the guide extreamly bad on the E#8 to create the image you supplied? Good thing you took the head in...instead of just dressing that seat! Muddy

Quick Reply: Attn Northern CA C3's: Cruise to Southern CA