C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any good Charlotte NC area mechanics?

Old 06-09-2011, 10:59 PM
Xliberater
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any good Charlotte NC area mechanics?

Today I got my yearly vehicle inspection. Unfortunately, I haven't been in the area too long and didn't know any good and reputable mechanics where I live and ended up going to a random shop to have it inspected (Big Mistake).

Long story short, I need to need to find a good mechanic in the charlotte NC area that has a knowledge of c3 vettes that could do some work on my vette.

Thank you for the help

Last edited by Xliberater; 08-28-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:55 AM
richard emmanuel
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Charlotte resources

Wow sounds like you had a bad day at a bad shop with bad people with bad pricing= bad business. I am curious to know the name of the shop and location. ok I have a c3 and several of my friends in our corvette club-Generations Corvette Club of Charlotte. We use Hughs Automotive off Harrisburg road, just speak to the owner Glenn Hughs. Also a knowledgeable but busy corvette mechanic is Doug- at Corvettes etc off wilkerson but he is a one man operation but hes one of the 3 best in Charlotte and he will talk you to death lol but more helpful than any manual. There is also Robert at city cherolet off independnce, hes been a vette mechanic for over 35 years and all he does is corvettes for the delership. A bit pricy but its a dealership. For local cheap c3 used parts there is Reggie out of winston salem with a few buildings of good used parts, mike boyles in highpoint, vette pros in charlotte off sam wilson road but their c3 stuff is limited. Also another club member Gary has a shop off south blvd that does excellent repair work to c2-c6 vetts. PM me and I will send you some phone numbers to all these guys. Also check out our web page. Generations corvette club-drive in. Clck on all the tabs and check out all the pictures. My c3 is featured on car care day tab, its a candy red 77 daytona greenwood widebody edition and my c5 is a black custom tigershark edition with several mos also.
Good luck, Richard
Old 06-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Xliberater
Advanced

Thanks a lot for all the info I'll definitely be giving some of these guys a call. I'll also look into your club and see if I can show up to some of your events in the near future.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:17 PM
eagle275
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reggie out of winston salem ? Any info? Thanks. Been over to High Point to Mike's. Good guy.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:07 PM
makosilver72
Advanced

Great information.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:16 PM
richard emmanuel
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default c3 resources

Reggie-336-207-4523
hughs auto-704-531-6277
dub --704-394-5150
m. boyles 336-434-5001
Heres a few of the most helpful and good corvette people I have ran across and had very good and fair dealing with in the past 15 years. All are very knowledgable and know their stuff.
Richard
Old 07-02-2011, 09:54 PM
ChevyGuyNC
Instructor

Originally Posted by richard emmanuel
Also a knowledgeable but busy corvette mechanic is Doug- at Corvettes etc off wilkerson but he is a one man operation but hes one of the 3 best in Charlotte and he will talk you to death lol but more helpful than any manual.
Good luck, Richard
Wow, I pass Corvettes ETC on Wilkinson several times a week... thought the place was closed. It's real close to work, have to give Doug a call...

Thanks for the info!

Get notified of new replies

To Any good Charlotte NC area mechanics?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any good Charlotte NC area mechanics?