Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C3 T-Top

Old 06-26-2011, 08:57 AM
MyC3Vette
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C3 T-Top

I'm trying to repair the T-Top on my C3. I purchased the Velcro for the sides of the top, but can't figure out or find what holds the front and back in place.
Any Help would be very appreciated
Old 06-26-2011, 11:23 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

The trim panel? The same velcro and a couple of trim screws.

Do you have the assembly instruction manual (AIM)? The AIM has a couple of diagrams of how the tops went together.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Rick_V
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a similar problem. My new to me 79 liner's were not installed the PO gave me the liners and it looks like he had tried to use adhesive to connect some of the little disks to each other. I unscrewed one of the disks from the T-top just to see if it would attach to the one in the liner it doesn't. It appears to be the same piece as the one on the liner, what I mean is with Velcro one side is different then the other so they lock in together these are the same. I see that the vendors have a replacement kit but I want to be sure I get the right ones. The ones in the liner are pop riveted in so the kit must be for the T-tops. I also see that there are replacement liners that just use 4 screws and some kind of standoffs. I wonder if I could just drill some holes and get some nice looking screws and mount the liners that way? What page of the Assembly Manual is that on? I just got mine in the mail today and it was not bound I need to pick up a notebook to put it and it would make my life a little easier if I didn't have to flip through all the single pages.

Thanks,
Rick
Old 07-08-2011, 06:18 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by Rick_V
...What page of the Assembly Manual is that on?...
UPC C01-C12 The same section covers fiberglass and glass tops. Make sure you're looking at what you have.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Duke94
Le Mans Master

Received 257 Likes on 209 Posts

I believe the factory put a dab of adhesive between the two "velcro" buttons to help hold it in place. The round buttons all the Vette parts Suppliers sell work fine. Just drill out the rivets and install the new with pop rivets. The other side is screwed on so changing them is easy. Here's a tip: install the liner on the T-top with the top on the car, it makes it much easier to get it lined up correctly.

Gary

Get notified of new replies

To C3 T-Top

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C3 T-Top