Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Monza gas cap?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 01:20 PM
Sid-X
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet mother! This car is epic! More pics of this!
Old 07-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Dantana
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stavanger
Great car Nick!

Hey Nick,
That looks f-ing unbelievable! I also reviewed an old thread where you were making the fuel doors for forum members. I would like one of these too so if you go back into "business" let us know! Maybe we could do a group buy or something to help you with your material costs

Last edited by Dantana; 07-23-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:39 PM
stavanger
Pro

Received 245 Likes on 97 Posts

Default One of my favorite cars

One of my favorite cars.

And my favorite wheel.

Link
Old 07-24-2011, 09:24 PM
lvrpool32
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Dantana
Hey Nick,
I also reviewed an old thread where you were making the fuel doors for forum members. I would like one of these too so if you go back into "business" let us know! Maybe we could do a group buy or something to help you with your material costs
Unfortunately I just dont have the time right now to make anymore. I am trying to get my own car ready for Carlisle plus working on a friends '69 and another friend just dropped off his 63 Thunderbird for a full resto. If all goes to plan I will have the current one on my car for sale in a couple of weeks, as long as I finish the carbon fiber trim plate design version I am working on.

Nick
Old 07-24-2011, 09:56 PM
silver79
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lvrpool32
Unfortunately I just dont have the time right now to make anymore. I am trying to get my own car ready for Carlisle plus working on a friends '69 and another friend just dropped off his 63 Thunderbird for a full resto. If all goes to plan I will have the current one on my car for sale in a couple of weeks, as long as I finish the carbon fiber trim plate design version I am working on.

Nick
Nick,if you don't mind I would like first dibbs on your monza cap.
Maurice
Old 07-26-2011, 10:46 PM
Dantana
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by lvrpool32

Nick
Hi Nick,
I'll take it off your hands when you are ready!

Thanks,
Dan
Old 07-27-2011, 11:05 AM
Curby
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

I got the one for my 72 from Mustalgia. I love the looks, and don't really see a reason on a street car, for it to be functional.

It is mostly for looks, but does privide a service. The cap has a spring loaded seal, and keeps water from getting past the door and into the filler area.

In a heavy rain storm, water can build up in the filler area faster than the factory drain can get rid of it. And if your drain is plugged for any reason, water will stand in there. If your cap is not sealed well, you cna get gas in your tank. My 71 got water in the gas tank this way.

Nick, love your car. It was one of the inspirations for my current paint job. I painted my 72 like a vintage road racer for the 2011 Hot Rod Power Tour. I did not put the clear coat on (ran out of time becasue I painted the car Tuesday afternoon, and was leaving for Florida Thursday morning. It was too hot for the sealer coat, and I ran out of Milie Miglia Red, then messed up on the taping job so I decided not to waste the clear coat. I was bolting the seats in an hour before I hit the road.). I put the numbers on it in Tallahassee in the hotel parking lot, then when I got to Cocoa Beach, I got contingency decals from all the vendors for the car.

Monday - Prattville, AL

Tuesday - Alabaster, AL

Wednesday - Prattville, AL

Thursday - Tallahassee, FL

Friday - Cocoa Beach, FL

Saturday - Cape Canaveral, FL

There were a lot of flat paint jobs on the tour, and it seemed like everyone that walked by took a picture of my car. The Hot Rod guys loved it and took a bunch of pictures for the October magazine HRPT coverage. We will see if it makes it.

The car will get stripped and the fiberglass repairs that we did not get to wil lbe gotten to, and a new paint scheme will be on it for next year's Power Tour.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:05 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by stavanger
One of my favorite cars.

And my favorite wheel.

Link
I agree that wheel & tire pkg. looks fantastic. Which Race tires and size are those, G18 rain or? and how do they last on the street?

Last edited by gdh; 07-28-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:48 PM
dboz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Curby

Saturday - Cape Canaveral, FL

Your car looks awesome with the stickers on it. Love the profile!! Nice job.

Quick Reply: Monza gas cap?