Sponsored by:

Floor pans replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 12:50 PM
SMD 1976
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floor pans replacement

started floor repair both sides using MAM pans. cutting and fitting several times,measuring alot more times, setting the seat marking for holes setting for fit,seat belt and hardware locations. now weld nuts for
attachment of everthing and reset pan and spot weld a lot of man hours to do this type of work. i can see stopping and why go on with this. but i have the tools and time and needs done so back to the shop. after reading a lot of posts about your c3 repairs see the need to do a task from start to finish before starting another or project could turn into parts car or worse. golf season coming to an end more time for car
Old 09-18-2011, 12:54 AM
Carl914
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got mine back from the shop yesterday. My new MAM floor pans seem to be installed right by the local body shop. Total cost was $1030, $430 for the parts on eBay and $600 for the shop. My '81 was really rusted and the floors paper thin. Its safe now. Tomorrow I am going to put on a couple of coats of satin black Rustoium paint and get ready for the new interior.

After I bought the tools, my smarter friends talked me out of doing my first medal work ever on my Corvette. They were also concerned about me losing a few major body parts cutting out the old floor. I am convinced now I need to practice on something else other than my Vette.

You sure can save yourself a lot of money doing it yourself if you have the skills.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Floor pans replacement