Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 08:30 AM
marshal135
Safety Car

Received 797 Likes on 447 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Default Exceptional Help From LARS

Had a question on 11/23 and shot an email off to Lars.
He took the time out of his Thanksgiving day to respond.
I just wanted to say how estatic I was to receive his response
and in addition he included a 4 page tech article on carb base gasket
installation.
His helping hand is most amazing in light of it was a holiday he still made time to respond to another car enthusiast and the info was spot on.
Thank you Lars!!!
I wish I had gotten into vettes 10 years earlier so I really could have learned from you.
Marshal
Old 11-25-2011, 10:20 AM
Dave J
Burning Brakes

Received 137 Likes on 107 Posts

Lars = National Treasure
Old 11-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Turbotrad
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lars has helped me with carburetor and fuel delivery questions on numerous occasions. His insight and knowledge is extremely valuable and he has always been prompt with his e-mail responses.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:21 AM
71redskin
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lars is the man when it comes to carbs on vettes... he's also helped me immeasurably on my 71...miss you man.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:54 AM
Jeff_Keryk
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

He knows his stuff.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:01 PM
Scottd
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 80 Posts

Who is this legend I keep hearing about?
Old 11-25-2011, 12:03 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Lars Grimsrud is an aerospace engineer and performance automobile enthusiast who has become a celebrity amongst owners of carbureted Chevrolet Corvettes and GM muscle cars for his skill at tuning their engines.

Lars Grimsrud was born in Norway. He makes a living in Aerospace Engineering and has a background in General Aviation. He was an instructor at the GM Training Center.[1]

Grimsrud routinely travels from his home in Lafayette, Colorado, to hold technical seminars for ad hoc groups of Corvette Forum members. He has been featured by The New York Times for his unique "Tuning for Beer" tuning tours and seminars, which have taken him to over a dozen cities in North America, and once to Europe.[2]

Grimsrud was an original founder and president of the GTO Association of America (ref. Who's Who in the Midwest), and contributed technical articles as the editor of The Legend magazine. In addition to being in demand for these personal visits to groups of owners, who invite him to town for informal tuning sessions, he is widely quoted on hundreds of websites, has authored dozens of technical papers which are available at various websites on the Internet, and is also available to rebuild carburetors and distributors through the mail. His vehicles, work and technical articles have been featured by High Performance Pontiac Magazine, Musclecar Magazine, and by Musclecar Review.[3] [4]
Old 11-25-2011, 10:06 PM
68/70Vette
Team Owner

Received 548 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by ptroxx
Lars Grimsrud is an aerospace engineer and performance automobile enthusiast who has become a celebrity amongst owners of carbureted Chevrolet Corvettes and GM muscle cars for his skill at tuning their engines.

Lars Grimsrud was born in Norway. He makes a living in Aerospace Engineering and has a background in General Aviation. He was an instructor at the GM Training Center.[1]

Grimsrud routinely travels from his home in Lafayette, Colorado, to hold technical seminars for ad hoc groups of Corvette Forum members. He has been featured by The New York Times for his unique "Tuning for Beer" tuning tours and seminars, which have taken him to over a dozen cities in North America, and once to Europe.[2]

Grimsrud was an original founder and president of the GTO Association of America (ref. Who's Who in the Midwest), and contributed technical articles as the editor of The Legend magazine. In addition to being in demand for these personal visits to groups of owners, who invite him to town for informal tuning sessions, he is widely quoted on hundreds of websites, has authored dozens of technical papers which are available at various websites on the Internet, and is also available to rebuild carburetors and distributors through the mail. His vehicles, work and technical articles have been featured by High Performance Pontiac Magazine, Musclecar Magazine, and by Musclecar Review.[3] [4]
Is he banned from posting from some forums? Hey, just a question. Yes or no work for an answer. Another good answer will be a non-reply.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:35 PM
Mike Ward
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Not banned, chose to leave. The reasons are in the archives.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:46 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

typical... you ask, he replies. Now, if we could just get him out here for a seminar/tuning session/beer bash.. the local community college has auto tech programs. I was thinking about a seminar there... except I don't think it would work with the beer.

short bio was good. You left out the part about Lars being an all-around great guy and a competitive miler in college.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:36 AM
Ret.Horsecop13
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14
NCM Sinkhole Donor

People don't know a good thing when they have it. Let me stop before I get in trouble for sticking up for Lars again!
Old 11-26-2011, 09:55 AM
mds3013
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Ret.Horsecop13
People don't know a good thing when they have it. Let me stop before I get in trouble for sticking up for Lars again!
What he said!!! mike...
Old 11-27-2011, 09:49 AM
71scgc
Melting Slicks

Received 58 Likes on 57 Posts

That isn't exceptional help from Lars, it's just the way he is...Truely a class act.
I had a carb that I had rebuilt/refinished by a "professional". It looked great, but absolutely would not idle. I tried to deal with the guy, sent it back, he calls me and says that I had taken the carb apart and screwed with it. Calls me a dolt. Sends the supposedly re-fixed carb back. Same problem. I throw it in the box, disgusted, and move on.
After about a year, I sent Lars an e-mail, outlining the probs. He said send it to me I'll get it right. He did, and how...
I thought my old carb was running pretty good. Now I realise how bad it was...
I feel blessed that he took the time to unscrew this carb, and only charged me for his time and the parts he needed to get it right.
Now, not only can I tell you who NOT to send a carb to, but I can tell you WHO to send a carb to.
Carter
Old 11-28-2011, 03:09 PM
marshal135
Safety Car

Received 797 Likes on 447 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

71 Redskin,
GO EAGLES!!!!!
Philly Boy here born through n through.
Hey, we all had a nice dialogue without any one getting flamed.
See, we alll can get along. That hope n change stuff must be workin
I saw the same thing on the vintage motorcycle forums.
A contributor with knowledge beyond someone elses years offers tech
support and another joker sounds off with his home brew remedy.
We are not building a still here. For me my car is my 401 K, damm if I want bad info and I end up burnin it up.
The informed usually fade away quietly and the next generation suffers as they will never know what they could have had. Stepping off the soap box now
Thee marshal
Old 11-28-2011, 03:28 PM
rogman16
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 71scgc
That isn't exceptional help from Lars, it's just the way he is...Truely a class act.
I had a carb that I had rebuilt/refinished by a "professional". It looked great, but absolutely would not idle. I tried to deal with the guy, sent it back, he calls me and says that I had taken the carb apart and screwed with it. Calls me a dolt. Sends the supposedly re-fixed carb back. Same problem. I throw it in the box, disgusted, and move on.
After about a year, I sent Lars an e-mail, outlining the probs. He said send it to me I'll get it right. He did, and how...
I thought my old carb was running pretty good. Now I realise how bad it was...
I feel blessed that he took the time to unscrew this carb, and only charged me for his time and the parts he needed to get it right.
Now, not only can I tell you who NOT to send a carb to, but I can tell you WHO to send a carb to.
Carter

Lars rules!!

Rogman
Old 11-29-2011, 02:15 AM
aussiejohn
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Regards from Down Under.

aussiejohn

Get notified of new replies

To Exceptional Help From LARS

Quick Reply: Exceptional Help From LARS