C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who do you recommend? ONE STOP SHOPPING for fuel system parts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 11:50 AM
BOSTONCAMARO
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Who do you recommend? ONE STOP SHOPPING for fuel system parts?

I pulled the tank, now need to order stuff and I want to get it from one source.

I need, the rubber filler neck boot thingy, new sending unit/pick up assembly and main fuel line and return line for a 350 350hp car. I am not sure who offers what for fuel lines stainless or regular mild steel would also be fine.

What do you guys think? (hmm will some vendors here be posting and price it all out for me? I hope so )

Regards, Tim
Old 01-04-2012, 12:19 PM
69 Chevy
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BOSTONCAMARO
I pulled the tank, now need to order stuff and I want to get it from one source.

I need, the rubber filler neck boot thingy, new sending unit/pick up assembly and main fuel line and return line for a 350 350hp car. I am not sure who offers what for fuel lines stainless or regular mild steel would also be fine.

What do you guys think? (hmm will some vendors here be posting and price it all out for me? I hope so )

Regards, Tim
Old 01-04-2012, 12:43 PM
thoyer
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 356 Likes on 225 Posts

Call Paragon
Old 01-04-2012, 01:39 PM
paragoncorvette
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by thoyer
Call Paragon
Let us know if we can help. 1-800-882-4688

https://www.paragoncorvette.com/corv...c3/#/58/zoomed
Old 01-04-2012, 04:08 PM
okie08vette
Le Mans Master

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

I just ordered most of this stuff from Volunteer Vette's don't have it yet but they said they had everything.

I am going to drop the tank on a 77 next week and thing you can recommend to make it easier?
Old 01-04-2012, 04:18 PM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,939 Likes on 4,780 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

call Quanta products from Rising Sun Md
Old 01-05-2012, 05:40 PM
80Baby
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just installed my fuel tank and brake and fuel lines two weeks. I bought the tank as a kit from Eckler's. Great deal; cheaper than buying the components separately. The kit came with the tank, tank straps, anti-rattle pads (which I replaced with self adhesive urethane foam strips), filler neck, sending unit with gasket plus bolts, overflow nipple and hose.

I purchased stainless steel fuel lines from Paragon. I ordered these individually (not as a set) and they were $10.00 cheaper per line (tank to pump, pump to tank, vapor return) than anyone else. You'll have to purchase the rubber fuel lines separately. You can get these as a set, but it's cheaper (and quicker) to go to an automotive parts shop and get your sizes along with hose clamps.

One more thing, the original OEM tank had a plastic liner (1980). There's a brass "T" fitting to the left of the fill nozzle on top of the tank. New tanks do not have a liner (not needed). So on your new tank you can simply plug that "T" hole (I believe it's 1/2" NPT) and run a length of rubber hose from the end of the vapor return line to the vent nozzle on the sending unit flange. Me??? I installed the "T" fitting because I didn't have a 1/2" plug. Go figure.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:10 PM
okie08vette
Le Mans Master

Thanks, hoping to reinstall the old tank if we can find the leak. I hope its the rubber fuel lines as it only leaks when the eng is running, just setting it does not leak. We will see when we get it down.
Old 01-05-2012, 09:12 PM
okie08vette
Le Mans Master

Can you tell me more about the: self adhesive urethane foam strips, a picture or part number or description would be great.
Thanks
Old 01-06-2012, 10:46 PM
80Baby
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Credit has to be given where credit is due. The foam strips idea came from George McNicholl's excellent book "How To Rebuild Rolling Chassis 1968-1982 Corvette". I found the stuff at Home Depot. I cut it to length and stuck it on the tank crossmember and rear cross rail of the frame. I also put a strip on each tank strap and trimmed the width. When I removed my old anti-rattle pads, they crumbled in my hands. McNicholl suggests that the tar paper like pads disintegrate with repeated exposure to water. I would tend to agree. The self adhesive foam weatherstrips are an excellent alternative. The guys down at the local Corvette shop suggested the same thing.

Get notified of new replies

To Who do you recommend? ONE STOP SHOPPING for fuel system parts?

Quick Reply: Who do you recommend? ONE STOP SHOPPING for fuel system parts?