Sponsored by:

73/redone

Old 01-23-2012, 07:32 PM
one bumper
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 73/redone

Hello all
I am the new guy. Can any of you tell me if the 73 came with a passenger side mirror? Second We are the second owner. The original owner said that he ordered the car with a black the vinyl top . It looks factory, however I have never seen another one so I doubt his story. I am looking for side mirror(s) ,seat belts,beauty rims and a carpet kit ( the molded one.
we are from Canada and have never been a member of any forum, so forgive if we make a few beginner mistakes tks
Old 01-23-2012, 07:42 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello, you will have better responses if you post your questions about your 1973 Corvette in the C3 section: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-c...s-1968-1982-5/

When you go to the http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-c...s-1968-1982-5/ section, post your question in the Tech/Performance, General, C3s For Sale/Wanted or C3 Parts For Sale/Wanted sections - depending upon the nature of your post.

The last two messages you posted was in our Help section, which is used for members to get help with forum issues, website issues and account issues.

I've moved your posts to the proper sections.

Good luck!
Old 01-23-2012, 08:48 PM
redwingvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 138 Likes on 73 Posts

No. 73 did not come from the factory with a RH side mirror. Sorry, I do not know about the top you have. Do you have any pictures of your car? We would love to see it.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:14 PM
Lupigiato
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

I believe RH mirrors were dealer option. I'm the 3rd owner of a 73 coupe and the original owner had the RH mirror installed. You can post a WTB thread on the For Sale / Wanted section, or search that section for the items you want to buy. You will either find NOS, original used, or repro parts there. There are a bunch of vendors listed here who offer new repro parts as well. The vinyl top you mention, is it a vinyl convertible or vinyl hardtop? Welcome to the forum and have fun with your new 73!
Old 01-23-2012, 09:29 PM
croaker
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Lupigiato73
I believe RH mirrors were dealer option. I'm the 3rd owner of a 73 coupe and the original owner had the RH mirror installed. You can post a WTB thread on the For Sale / Wanted section, or search that section for the items you want to buy. You will either find NOS, original used, or repro parts there. There are a bunch of vendors listed here who offer new repro parts as well. The vinyl top you mention, is it a vinyl convertible or vinyl hardtop? Welcome to the forum and have fun with your new 73!
I hope it's a convertible, But I think I did see a coupe once with a vinyl top wasn't pretty
Old 01-24-2012, 12:39 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,320 Likes on 2,769 Posts

Originally Posted by Lupigiato73
To clarify the above, you could post in the PARTS For Sale/Wanted section, not to be confused with the Cars For Sale/wanted.

'73s did not come with a RH chrome mirror, but it was not uncommon for them to be added. Actually, many owners went the retrofit foute and installed rally mirrors on '73 as well.

As others have said, I'm hoping you mean vinyl on a renmovable hard top. Please post pictures of your car to make answering questions easier.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:06 AM
GREGG-73
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by one bumper
Hello all
I am the new guy. Can any of you tell me if the 73 came with a passenger side mirror? Second We are the second owner. The original owner said that he ordered the car with a black the vinyl top . It looks factory, however I have never seen another one so I doubt his story. I am looking for side mirror(s) ,seat belts,beauty rims and a carpet kit ( the molded one.
we are from Canada and have never been a member of any forum, so forgive if we make a few beginner mistakes tks

R/H mirror was a dealer installed option. The black vinyl removable hard top was indeed an option, so no need to doubt the prior owners story. As Vettebuyer pointed out earlier...post your want to buy item's up in the C3 Parts Wanted / For Sale section.

And welcome to the forum.

Stay in tune....
Old 01-24-2012, 02:14 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,320 Likes on 2,769 Posts

Back in my custom days, I thought the '73 looked better with rally mirrors...

Circa 1982...

Old 01-24-2012, 08:40 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,247 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

One Bumper: I'll make your day. Order a copy.

The optional removable hardtop was available with black vinyl trim.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:38 AM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi 1b,
I'll say WELCOME too!
I like the forum name you chose.... but.... I HOPE your 73 has 2 bumpers back there!!!
Just in fun!
Regards,
Alan
Old 01-24-2012, 11:51 AM
oldsarge
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Bumpers, one end anyway. Welcome to the forum, lots of info here, just ask. Also welcome to the 73ers gang.

Get notified of new replies

To 73/redone

Search this Thread