C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Before I put any more money into her... Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 03:55 PM
dmeesq
Drifting

Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

Default Before I put any more money into her... Sale?

I think im gonna finally let her go, I almost was about to dump another 10,000$ into her on stuff she definetly doesnt need (i have a sickness) as most of us do. But id much rater start my 62 resto mod project I think.

Put this off from last year, but now I think im ready. Offers were in the high twentys last year, I would probably take that now.

Just putting it back out there to see if theres any interest still.

Still not 100% convinced but if the proper offer comes around????

For those of you who know my car you know its quality. Easily 40,000 minimun invested and I did most of the labor.

Heres the link to my project...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...stly-pics.html

Old 01-30-2012, 04:02 PM
fugawi
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

don't sell it, drive that bad boy!!! that thing is one of my favorites. enjoy it for what you bought it for.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:10 PM
Dose11
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Just wondering?

Do you already have the 62?
If so why not just start on the 62, and keep your c3 as is for now and just drive that bad boy. I don't know your situation but if you could that would be a win win in my book
Old 01-30-2012, 04:39 PM
CrusinZ06
Racer

Man don't know why after all that you would sell. It sure is a beautiful Corvette. Good luck with what ever decision you come too.

If it were mine NO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:46 PM
dmeesq
Drifting

Originally Posted by CrusinZ06
Man don't know why after all that you would sell. It sure is a beautiful Corvette. Good luck with what ever decision you come too.

If it were mine NO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
For me it was the build more than the finished car. Just wanted to see what I could create for my first vette. I am really out of things to do to it, and now just making up stuff in my mind that it doesnt really need. I always wanted to do a 62, and I would need the cash from this one to do that, so I guess, away it may go.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:15 PM
billcarson
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

i understand how you can enjoy the work to improve the car and you did some job.i'm still banging out bushings and have a long way to go so i might not live long enough to finish mine.see my plan.good luck on your next restoration.beautiful car!
Old 01-30-2012, 08:17 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

I understand completly. If the cash is good, sell and start the 62
Old 01-30-2012, 08:22 PM
Dose11
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dmeesq
For me it was the build more than the finished car. Just wanted to see what I could create for my first vette. I am really out of things to do to it, and now just making up stuff in my mind that it doesnt really need. I always wanted to do a 62, and I would need the cash from this one to do that, so I guess, away it may go.
I guess that makes sense. Not that it matters..but I can live with that. Sell her and let someone else drive her and enjoy it.

Glws, I hope you get top dollar for her...
Old 01-30-2012, 09:06 PM
Stroh
Drifting

Received 269 Likes on 152 Posts

I'm new to this, so maybe this is noob logic. But if you sell it, isn't that like an artist who refuses to look at his art when it's finished. Who says you'd have to throw another penny at that beauty. Take that 400 horse sculpture out in the sun and let it shine. (Okay that last line was a little too hallmark, but enjoy that thing. You've obviously earned it.) Now I get to go back to trying to figure out how to get the speedo-tach panel outa my dash, and drooling over your car.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:08 PM
Clubby99
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

High twenty thousand? Take it if you can get it. Great car but that seems like a lot for rubber bumper restomod.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:01 AM
jesse10886
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am SOOO tired of hearing that crap about the rubber bumper cars are incabaple of selling for or not worth more than $10k. Reguardless of collectibility or resale value all of the c3s when done right are beautiful cars an can bring much much more than someone in this crowd knows them to be worth.

I see your point slightly clubby but there has been allot of rubber bumper bashing on several different posts this week I think the fact that it is a resto mod not a restoration in this case makes his car worth more money that it would've been stock.

Dmeesq your car is beautiful I believe that you easily could have gotten more than a few offers in the High twentys for that car. I also understand wanting to have a $20k dollar head start going into your 62 build 59-62 are my favorite years with the dual headlights an chrome in the grill I say go for it good luck man

Last edited by jesse10886; 01-31-2012 at 01:06 AM. Reason: iPhone Screwed up
Old 01-31-2012, 01:14 AM
Clubby99
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love rubber bumper cars. No disrespect intended. But the market is soft. I'm amazed at the low prices.

Right now, better to be a buyer then a seller.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:31 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Originally Posted by jesse10886
I am SOOO tired of hearing that crap about the rubber bumper cars are incabaple of selling for or not worth more than $10k. Reguardless of collectibility or resale value all of the c3s when done right are beautiful cars an can bring much much more than someone in this crowd knows them to be worth.

I see your point slightly clubby but there has been allot of rubber bumper bashing on several different posts this week I think the fact that it is a resto mod not a restoration in this case makes his car worth more money that it would've been stock.
If Clubby's point is that some model cars sell in a certain price range as compared to other model cars, it's not "bashing," regardless of people's personal feelings. Yes an occasional person pays more than market value for a car from time to time, but that generally reflects a mistake by the emotional and unprepared buyer, not a flaw in the market.

People who honestly make reference to realities in the market are not bashing anything. Any time someone says something somebody doesn't want to hear, they call it "bashing," even if it's true. Take the personal feelings out of the equasion.

I'd also say your point about the restomod (Id call it a custom, not at all a restomod) being worth more than stock is misleading. Its possible to get $20k for a custom '75 (from the right buyer) as opposed to $10k for a stock car, but if it took $40k to get it to that point it's not really a net plus, is it?

For the OP, I think you would get more valid interest in selling your car if you list it in the For Sale section with a price rather than hoping an offer will come your way. Good luck with your sale.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:50 AM
GREGG-73
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer5869
People who honestly make reference to realities in the market are not bashing anything. Any time someone says something somebody doesn't want to hear, they call it "bashing," even if it's true. Take the personal feelings out of the equasion.

For the OP, I think you would get more valid interest in selling your car if you list it in the For Sale section with a price rather than hoping an offer will come your way. Good luck with your sale.

Equasion...????????????? OMG...

To the OP....I think your best bet is Ebay..... GLWS.....

Stay in tune....
Old 01-31-2012, 10:21 AM
uxojerry
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think you should list your car, not only on Ebay but Carsonline.com, Pro-Touring.com and Lateral-G. More and more people are pricing and valuing cars based on the sum of it's parts. If you have $40k in parts and not factoring labor at all, the price may be worth near the parts cost.

I would list detailed build/parts information and price it accordingly. The Forum may not bring as high a price due to peoples attitudes towards late model C3s. To other people, it is one of the nicest looking model/year groups. I also thought the car looked better when the tops were smoked glass. I would make sure to include photos of how it looked then.

The more patient you are at selling for a higher price, the more cash you have for your next project. Good luck - you should be very proud of this car and the matching guitar. The guitar would be a good prop for ebay. I cant wait to see your next build.

Last edited by uxojerry; 01-31-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:46 AM
dmeesq
Drifting

Car is now in the FOR SALE Forum.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:28 PM
dmeesq
Drifting

ttt

Get notified of new replies

To Before I put any more money into her... Sale?

Old 02-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Lupigiato
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

GLWS Dave!!! Does this mean you have to customize your bass with a C2 theme ?
Old 02-01-2012, 07:59 PM
dmeesq
Drifting

Originally Posted by Lupigiato73
GLWS Dave!!! Does this mean you have to customize your bass with a C2 theme ?
Nah, ill build another one maybe. Long way away though.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:12 PM
bobs76stingray
Instructor

I will say the C3 Is awsom,and all C3's are my fovorite vettes of all,But the 62 restored to the quality of your C3 will be worth awhole lot more and probably just keep going up in price as the years go by.Good luck with your decision,but if it were me,I would try to just keep the C3 and restore the 62.

Quick Reply: Before I put any more money into her... Sale?