Sponsored by:

Wounded warrior Program new fee

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 09:25 PM
bop
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Wounded Warrior Project new fee

Our local car club did a car show last year for the Wounded Warrior Project and raised 1315.00 for them.This year we contacted them about doing another show and we were told we would have to pay a 79.00 dollar registration fee to have a show to raise money for them. Last year every dollar that was collected went to the Project and our club covered all the cost of the event. This year we will probably do something for out local VA Hospital.

Last edited by bop; 02-14-2012 at 09:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-14-2012, 09:47 PM
MongoZ06
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I think Wounded Warrior does great for our troops and I have nothing against them but as I recently found out they are a "for profit" organization... That extra $79 has to cover someone's salary.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:58 PM
bop
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I also think they do a great job. They should come up with another way to get the operation fee without asking for a registration fee from the group that is going to raise money for them.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:24 AM
Indiancreek
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree with bop. (I think I'd have it anyway and give them the money. What are they gonna do, turn it down?
If you advertised proceeds are going to wounded warrior program without their permission, they would look foolish taking you to court for giving them cash.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:28 AM
mffi115
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Wounded Warrior program

There is one group that applies ALL donations to it's charities. The 46th Special Forces Company Airborne Association is made up of a group of us old SF soldiers who served in the unit when it existed in Thailand during the Vietnam war. Other folks join the Association as friends. It supports poor school kids in Thailand and since 2007 has sponsored a Wounded Warrior Cruise every other year. Your donations go to send Wounded Warriors on cruises. The guys who run it donate their time, gas, travel expenses, etc., so not one dime from donations is used to support the association's operations.

My wife and I finally went on a cruise this past November. We also donated a cabin for a Wounded Warrior. Here are a couple pix from the cruise:

My wife and I are the old folks on the right of the pic. The two wounded warriors and their wives are SF guys, Eva and Will, Tiff and Mark.

These are some of the wounded Green Berets from the current wars and old Green Berets on the cruise (some other folks snuck in the pic). I'm standing behind Will in the wheel chair.

I don't normally give personal info on the internet, but I believe in this program as I am close in brotherhood to these guys, especially the Special Forces (SF) guys. I spent a 26 year career in US Army Special Forces (commonly called Green Berets): served in Vietnam and retired as a Command Sergeant Major. I would not compromise my reputation in a public forum if I didn't believe in this.

If you are interested in donating or running a fund raiser to donate a cabin on the next cruise in November of 2013, contact one of the principles named in the website and tell them you heard about it from Carl Franquet on the Forum. You can donate to their ongoing support of poor school kids or specify it for the cruise. You can also donate individually, participate in any of the cruises, or any of the sponsored trips to Thailand.

Our program is NOT affiliated with the national Wounded Warrior Project mentioned in the original post. I belong to several SF Associations and this is the only one that is strictly charitable rather than fraternal. Yes, your donations are tax exempt.

Here is the site for the Association: http://www.46thsfca.org/

BTW, check out my project in my blog. Use the link in my signature below.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:44 AM
Indiancreek
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Outstanding
Old 02-15-2012, 12:04 PM
jesse10886
Burning Brakes

Well it's not veterans day but never a bad time to say thanks for your service mffi115

A 26 year career is definitly something to be proud of

My entire family eats sleeps an breathes USAF I was not able to join for health problems as child ruined me but glad you did thank you
Old 02-15-2012, 12:59 PM
HOOAH
1969/1971/1976 Coupes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Just wondering if the reg fee is in addition to the administrative fee they take off the top of your overall donation. I support the WWP and always will but I was surprised at the amount of the admin fees associated with donations. Your reg fee is something I've never heard of before.

Terry
Old 02-15-2012, 01:06 PM
mffi115
Pro

Default More info

BTW, didn't want it to seem that the cruise was only for SF. All the services were represented, including a couple SEALS, Marines, regular Army, National Guardsmen, and even a wounded Border Patrol agent. There were also two women wounded warriors and three young widows whose husbands passed away before they could make the cruise. 20 wounded and their spouses/families attended the cruise out of about 84 participants.

Coincidentally, there was a reunion of veterans of the battle ship USS Wisconsin on the cruise, also.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:43 PM
mffi115
Pro

Default No fee

Originally Posted by HOOAH
Just wondering if the reg fee is in addition to the administrative fee they take off the top of your overall donation. I support the WWP and always will but I was surprised at the amount of the admin fees associated with donations. Your reg fee is something I've never heard of before.Terry
Terry,

I am not representing the WWP. So I can't answer your question about their fee.

My post is about our very small, and separate, fraternal association that has taken on it's own charitable activities that include a WW Cruise Program and IS NOT affiliated in any way with the WWP in the original post. There is no fee - no part of any donation goes to defray any expenses. However, if you are going to run an event specifically to support the 46th Special Forces Company (Airborne) Association WW Cruise Program, you might just want to let the guys who head the association know.

Here's a link to the flyer for the next cruise http://www.46thsfca.org/content/file...e2013flier.pdf

Carl

Last edited by mffi115; 02-15-2012 at 01:52 PM. Reason: added link
Old 02-15-2012, 09:44 PM
VCuomo
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by stangklrzo6
I think Wounded Warrior does great for our troops and I have nothing against them but as I recently found out they are a "for profit" organization... That extra $79 has to cover someone's salary.
Unless they've changed their tax status recently, the "Wounded Warrior Project" is a not-for-profit organization.

Get notified of new replies

To Wounded warrior Program new fee

Quick Reply: Wounded warrior Program new fee