Sponsored by:

69 Door Will not Open! Help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 09:25 PM
bjm
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Default 69 Door Will not Open! Help?

So, went to jump in my 69 the other day and of course could not get the door open. Opener just kind of flopped around and door is not locked. Obviously something became disconnected in the mechanism but of course I can't get the door panel off bc the door is closed!

Does anyone have any hints or tips to get the door open?

Any thoughts or tips are appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 04-04-2012, 10:02 PM
exposingtime
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
2015 C3 of the Year Finalist

You can look with a flashlight and see if one of the connecting rods is getting hung up on something along the rear edge of the door. Play with the lock **** and make sure that it is moving the rods on the door. You can try to disconnect the pawl at the door latch and then grab it and pull up to manually open the latch. You will have to pull the door panel anyways once it is open to see what is getting hung up.

At judging, I helped a guy for about an hour trying to get his door to open...it was stuck and wouldnt move and then finally it just popped open.

Gary
Old 04-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Greatsteaks
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Play with the lock and the inside handle ALOT! If that doesn't work take the other door panel off and look at how it all works. I put a long screw driver in from the window opening (rolled down) and pushed the tab on the latch. It took for ever but it opened.

Get notified of new replies

To 69 Door Will not Open! Help?

Quick Reply: 69 Door Will not Open! Help?