C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Know a good mechanic in Ocean County, NJ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 12:25 PM
DBM_NJ
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Know a good mechanic in Ocean County, NJ?

I tinkered with the carburetor jets and ignition timing last summer but have not been able to cure an exhaust popping/backfiring when I change gears or downshift -
I did a compression test last weekend with good results - all 8 cylinders at about 156psi.
I am now looking for a good "Corvette" mechanic who can solve the problem - needs to be at the Jersey Shore - in Ocean County or Monmouth County, New Jersey.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:10 PM
bobs77vet
Race Director

Location: Arlington Va Current ride 04 vert, previous vettes: 69 vert, 77 resto mod
Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

yes JMA auto on rte 71 in spring lake heights southern most monmouth county just across the manasquan river a couple of miles, they are good honest guys and have all the equipment including a dyno for testing to see if the carb is dumping fuel. what ever i couldnt do on my vette they did.

recommend them highly. Joe is the owner and Dean does all the rearend work they rbuilt my entire back end tailing arms, differential etc
Old 04-17-2012, 05:45 PM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,022 Likes on 1,312 Posts

Patrick Welch in Manahawkin is an experienced Corvette mechanic. He's only about 20 miles from you. He works on all years and has done everything from basic maintenance to NCRS Top Flight body off restorations.

Patrick's also a member of the Beach Bums club, based in Manahawkin. You can reach him at 609-661-8623. PM sent.

Get notified of new replies

To Know a good mechanic in Ocean County, NJ?

Quick Reply: Know a good mechanic in Ocean County, NJ?