Sponsored by:

Well, it happened

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 02:31 PM
1955pirate
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well, it happened

I'm ready for the "I told you so" and the " you were careless" comments. I seldom ever leave my black '69 coupe unattended. I never go to a movie or something like that and leave it in a parking spot. Yesterday I went to a neighboring small town on an errand. Parked the Vette next to a pharmacy and was in there maybe 20 minutes. Came out and some SOB #@$%&**# had keyed it on the top of the left front quarter and all along the right side door to the right rear quarter. Some of you here know I am a retired cop but I'm sure if I had come out and caught the SOB I would now probably be in jail.

Lesson re-learned.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:53 PM
HOOAH
1969/1971/1976 Coupes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

That completly sucks. What's wrong with people? I'm sure your police-work went into immediate overdrive trying to think of how to find out who did it. Being that it is a small town, I'm also assuming no surveillance cameras anywhere to be found. "I told you so's" should not even be a factor. We should be able to go where we want, when we want without fear of some dick---- screwin around with our possessions (operative word, SHOULD). Sorry for your misfortune and many hopes that you somehow catch the one who did it (if that's even important at this time).

I grew up in a small town where everyone knew each other. You would be surprised how appealing a couple hundred bucks offered on flyers is to someone who may have heard another person bragging about the spiteful job they did.

Terry
Old 08-04-2012, 02:56 PM
69VetteFla
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That really sucks - sorry to hear. There is no doubt that I would end up in jail if I caught someone messing with my car.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:00 PM
LemansBlue68
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I hope you find out who did it and deliver justice.

I honestly can't relate to those who are so petty that they feel the need to damage other's property in order to give themselves some kind of cheap thrill. What a sad, pathetic life they must lead.

Sorry to hear about this.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:07 PM
1955pirate
Racer

Default vandalized '69

As HOOAH suggested I do have a few feelers out among those I know in that town. It may result in something. Even if the info identifies the person who did it but would not support a charge I could probably make his life a bit uncomfortable. Now, would I really do that? Nah.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:24 PM
AGVI
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Canadian Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by 1955pirate
As HOOAH suggested I do have a few feelers out among those I know in that town. It may result in something. Even if the info identifies the person who did it but would not support a charge I could probably make his life a bit uncomfortable. Now, would I really do that? .
Fixed...
Old 08-04-2012, 03:35 PM
scottyp99
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

I'm ready for the "I told you so" and the " you were careless" comments. I seldom ever leave my black '69 coupe unattended. I never go to a movie or something like that and leave it in a parking spot. Yesterday I went to a neighboring small town on an errand. Parked the Vette next to a pharmacy and was in there maybe 20 minutes. Came out and some SOB #@$%&**# had keyed it on the top of the left front quarter and all along the right side door to the right rear quarter. Some of you here know I am a retired cop but I'm sure if I had come out and caught the SOB I would now probably be in jail.

Lesson re-learned.
Not if I were sitting in the jury!

Keep the shiny side up!
Scott
Old 08-04-2012, 03:36 PM
HOOAH
1969/1971/1976 Coupes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

As HOOAH suggested I do have a few feelers out among those I know in that town. It may result in something. Even if the info identifies the person who did it but would not support a charge I could probably make his life a bit uncomfortable. Now, would I really do that? Nah.
Yea, I would hazard a guess that the FOP is an amazingly helpful organization in a situation like this.

Good luck brother!

Terry
Old 08-04-2012, 03:45 PM
cgc
Racer

I too am very sorry to hear about you car. I had my garage broken into a number of years ago never caught the person/s. Was able to replace most with insurance. These cars can become like a member of the family. When they hurt we hurt.

You have seen the damage I haven't. Only a rhetorical thought. Could it have been done with a shopping cart?
Old 08-04-2012, 03:47 PM
7dSHARK
Instructor

My first guess would be someone wearing an "ECOLOGY NOW" t-shirt.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:51 PM
1955pirate
Racer

Originally Posted by cgc

You have seen the damage I haven't. Only a rhetorical thought. Could it have been done with a shopping cart?
No. Maybe the scratch along the right side door and rear panel but the scratch on the top surface of the left front was a deliberate act. Plus, this small pharmacy kind of stands alone and it is not usual to see shopping carts in that location.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:52 PM
7t2vette
The ORIGINAL and bestest
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 234 Likes on 143 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

I'm ready for the "I told you so" and the " you were careless" comments.
Totally not your fault because there are jealous arseholes everywhere.

Sorry for your bad luck.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:45 PM
brent319
Drifting

Received 253 Likes on 139 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C3 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019

Unless you have an ex-wife running around hating you, it was probably somebody jealous of you for being able to have a nice car.
I have never understood that and tried to teach that to my kids. I can see a nice car (or house or boat... etc.) and appreciate it. I can admire the person for having the means to achieve a goal. I can be happy for them. But I would never resent a stranger for having something that I don't.
Sorry this had to happen..
Old 08-04-2012, 04:47 PM
desue
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 7t2vette
Totally not your fault because there are jealous arseholes everywhere.

Sorry for your bad luck.
This is true on any level. If you have anything slightly better than them, they will trash the stuff you've worked your a$$ off for. I have some very nice neighbors that love to throw trash in my yard. I have found stuff in my pool (bricks, rocks, even an arrow). These kind of people are "haters" who have no life of their own. Usually the ones on welfare that we are supporting....
Old 08-04-2012, 05:17 PM
erikm12
Advanced

So sorry for what happenend. I just don't understand the thinking of some of the ppl nowadays.
I just got my 72 about 2 months ago and haven't driven it much due to work, life and working on the car...thats a good thing. I have never given it a thought about leaving it unattenend. I live in a city with 20k ish ppl. I guess maybe I need to rethink it.....I had no idea.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Lupigiato
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

This really upsets me. I hope you catch that jagoff! Cancer would be too good for that person, as they would have a fighting chance to survive! I hope justice gets served and that person pays for it.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:45 PM
briankeery
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Doug, so sorry to hear of your circumstance. However, I like Terry's idea, and as a former police officer I'm sure you know the value of informants. Somebody out there knows what went down, and as we all know people talk. I personally have a $20 bill here with your name on it to put towards your reward fund. Just PM me where to send it brother. I'm sure you'll know what to do with the "perp"...........money well spent as far as I'm concerned. I live in a small town of 16,500 people, and over the years have seen incidents start to escalate, just like in any city on the planet. Used to leave the car unlocked in the driveway every night when I was a kid....not any more. At least once a year my daily driver's alarm is triggered at 2-3am. Find the POS and make him SERIOUSLY regret his actions.

Get notified of new replies

To Well, it happened

Old 08-04-2012, 06:04 PM
Jedi926
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

Bummer, not cool. Sorry to hear man.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:10 PM
PhilaScott
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts

Lesson re-learned.
Man that's awful. Just awful. People have zero respect for other peoples property. Hope it repairs cleanly.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:19 PM
Scratch
Team Owner

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'09

Sux
Had a daughters Merc-Benz get keyed once, in a bad side of town, parked in a driveway. Azzhats everywhere

Quick Reply: Well, it happened