Kudos to Ecklers

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 10:40 PM
aussiejohn
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Kudos to Ecklers

G'day,

I want to let everyone know what a bonzer company Ecklers is to deal with.

On January 24 Australian east coast time, I ordered some parts for my steering column, including Ecklers' thick padded C3 steering wheel. On January 30 Oz time, 29th your time, the parcel arrived in Melbourne. Upon opening it, the steering wheel was bent so badly, it appears unusable. The other parts and the overall parcel were in great shape.

I notified Kathy at Ecklers immediately and the following morning I received an e-mail advising that another wheel would be sent immediately. Well, today it arrived and it is in perfect condition and I will fit it to the car this weekend. It's a great looking wheel and feels so much better than the thin factory one.

I would like to publicly thank Kathy and the Ecklers staff for standing behind both their products and their reputation in what might have been an awkward situation with a lesser company.

Regards from Down Under.

aussiejohn
Old 02-06-2013, 02:23 AM
thegavel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey John,

Not long after I bought my 74 (about 11 years ago),
I ordered a fiberglass nose (the small bit in front of the headlights)
from Ecklers on December 29th soI wasn't expecting it 'til well after the Xmas
period, so you can imagine my surprise when on the 5th of Jan
I had my new nose piece in my grubby little hands.
Ironically, I'd ordered some door/T-Top rubbers about a week before
and they arrived after the nose piece.
I needed the nose urgently so I could go driving and for once,
The Corvette Gods smiled on me.
I've always had GREAT service from the US vendors
and ECKLERS and VBP have always gone "above and beyond"
when I've dealt with them.
Not taking anything away from the other vendors,
as I said, I've ALWAYS had great service from all I've dealt with
(even the Aussie ones).

Cheers and Stay safe,
Gav
Old 02-06-2013, 06:04 PM
scottw
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Always GREAT customer service w/ them.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:39 PM
Mark G
Melting Slicks

Received 457 Likes on 339 Posts

It's good that you post positive feedback about them. Ecklers gets a bad rap, but I've never had any problems with them. I ordered a weatherstrip set from them (Corvette America pieces) and a couple pieces were what I thought were poorly molded. They weren't unusable, but just poorly made. I called and described the problem. I indicated that they were usable but poorly made and I didn't want to put them on my restored car. W/o hesitation they said they would send me a new pair and I can just keep the original ones they sent. I also had a similar problem with an engine valve cover decal that had bad adhesive. They sent me a new one right away.

Most rants against Ecklers usually go something like; "I waited until the last minute to order a big pile of parts that I needed to have, like, tomorrow in order to have my car ready for a show in two weeks. Some of the parts were out of stock and now I can't get my car ready for the show and my life is in ruins." "So I called Ecklers and gave them a piece of my mind and they said they still didn't have the parts and it would be a couple weeks." "Therefore I hate Ecklers and will never buy from them again." It's unfortunate because all my experiences have been positive and when I've needed to work with their customer support staff, they've always taken care of me. I will continue to order from them. Actually, I've had good luck with all the major vendors. But I'm sure we'll get a bunch of posts indicating just the contrary.

Last edited by Mark G; 02-06-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:20 PM
SIXFOOTER
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Hopefully Ecklers has turned a corner and has their game together. I have been buying from them for years but the last 6 or 7 years they have been somewhat lackluster. I live in Florida and it still takes weeks sometimes to get parts that their system says are in stock.
Good to know they may be doing something right.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:41 AM
shopman1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny - I live in PA and I get parts from them in 2 or 3 days!! And I have purchased a ton of parts from them! You need to understand that they dont stock every part you order and that they come from other places and that may slow down the delivery time.
Over all, Ecklers is fantastic and there customer support is great!!

Shopman1

Originally Posted by SIXFOOTER
Hopefully Ecklers has turned a corner and has their game together. I have been buying from them for years but the last 6 or 7 years they have been somewhat lackluster. I live in Florida and it still takes weeks sometimes to get parts that their system says are in stock.
Good to know they may be doing something right.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:53 PM
jackwabbit703
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like Ecklers too but only complaint I have is that they charge too much for delivery compared to other auto stores.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:54 PM
80Baby
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've always had good luck with Eckler's over these past three years. The comment about shipping costs is valid. I try to combine as many parts as possible to compensate.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:44 PM
AGVI
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Canadian Events Coordinator

I only buy from them if I have to.

Get notified of new replies

To Kudos to Ecklers

Quick Reply: Kudos to Ecklers