Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your opinions please

Old 03-30-2013, 02:52 PM
jesse10886
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Your opinions please

Ok so I'm in the process of getting the 79' back. I know I still have allot of work to do. My interior is a total embarrassment. Also some of you might remember my paint job thread. Well when doing the paint job with my dad we made a point to buy good quality ppg paints and body shop recommended sanders, sprayers ect... Well on the last few days of paint work everything went to HELL! First the air compressor blew the rod and piston and mixed lovely air compressor oil into our paint >:-/. Took us three days of waiting to let the horrible ruined bak end of the car dry. Then we sanded it down. Resprayed an then went about the clear coat. Well the day we opened the garage to look it over the clear was two days on the car hotter than hell in the garage. Lifted the door it looked great!! Put car back into the garage and then the neighbors start pulling the roof off the house down the street. In GIANT pieces with a crane!! The flying debris came like slow motion sticking nails, roof shingles and everything else into my paint!!!! So long story short ruined paint Job never even hit the street :-(. I want to go the the 5-19-13 run to San Diego but the car is a hideous embarrassment as it sits. And my interior is garbage an I will be using my garmin GPS as a speedometer. I really want to go on the run. I really want to meet all of the people from this forum and make some new friends. Though I am thinking about just taking my truck b/c I know I will not enjoy having my car out thinking in my own head how ****** it looks next to all the dream machines. Should I suck it up and roll if I can get the very few kinks worked out or should I just come out vette less as still meet everyone and have fun?
Old 03-30-2013, 04:38 PM
straitjacket
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

id drive that sweet baby loud and proud! bad paint or not.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:35 PM
briankeery
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I thought you sold it. Get it out and drive it, you've spent enough.....go and enjoy it.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:42 PM
MrJlr
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Dude! Are you kidding???? Lets roll! I'm going and I need paint AND an engine!!!!!!!
A C3 is beautiful even in primer!
There will be nicer and there will be worse.... but they're all Corvettes !!!!!!!
You gotta come !
Old 03-31-2013, 01:43 AM
jesse10886
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's what I was hoping to hear.

@ Briankeery I did sell it but I was lucky enough to sell it to one of the guys are on the forum that is selling it back toe for what he has in it. So I have it at a shop having exhaust system from central corvettes being installed now
Old 03-31-2013, 01:57 AM
my_z
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're kinda in the same boat, and my car is PINK!!!...but I'm working on it and hoping to fix whatever I can by then (not much time left).

No matter what- I like this car! Pink or not, shameful interior or not, it's hell of fun to drive

Old 03-31-2013, 06:56 AM
BB68Vett
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

First of all, sorry about your bad luck with your paint job. You should not be re-painting the car yourself at your cost. If your neighbor's roofers ruined your paint job, they are responsible. You should make a claim against your neighbor's homeowners insurance policy for the damage to your vehicle. This is no different than if your neighbors were cutting down a tree on their property and it fell and damaged either your home or your car. They're responsible, and that's what insurance is for. The insurance company will then go after the roofer and subrogate the claim. If your neighbor has a deductible and you fell bad about it, then after you get paid by the insurance company you could always give them their deductible back (that means you eat that part of the claim, of course you're eating ALL of it now.)

I would make a claim.

Get notified of new replies

To Your opinions please

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Your opinions please