Sponsored by:

Loose wires & missing pieces

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 04:48 PM
Jahaaji
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loose wires & missing pieces

Corvette world, the interior clean up is still taking place on my 77 Vette. Lots of fun and I would like to have it complete in 3 weeks. Hopefully!

Today I came across some loose wires and missing pieces from center gauge bezel adapter. Of course I'm looking for some assistance is figuring out what is what. See pics below

Some copper is missing. Would this cause a problem and how do I fix. The adapter goes at the back of the center gauge bezel

Loose wire by hood release. Maybe for courtesy light?

Loose wire I found under gear shift bezel on the driver side. The gray cable I traced and goes to the back but to nowhere. The white as you can see.......

Any help as usually will be appreciated

Thanks
Old 04-05-2013, 08:46 PM
anyChevy
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The missing copper contacts (if broken off from the wiring) will cause something not to work, a gauge, the tacho maybe, I'm not sure, but you'll need to get another plug and definitely rectify that.

The white wire next to the hood release with the "bubba" connector on it, looks like the dome light wire to the switch.
This should be ground when you rotate the light switch all the way clockwise and grounded when the door is open.
You can check it with a multimeter (or if you have power in the car) ground it and the dome light should come on.

The green and grey are "Pioneer" speaker wires and the other white looks like ground for something else.

Hope that helps
Good luck
Dave
Old 04-05-2013, 08:55 PM
John 65
Le Mans Master

Received 403 Likes on 326 Posts

I think your clip just may be fine with the 2 empty slots. I just checked my 77 and its identical, and everything works.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Jahaaji
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone

Get notified of new replies

To Loose wires & missing pieces

Quick Reply: Loose wires & missing pieces