Factory Correct Seat Belts For 68-82 On Sale **Starting At $184.99!**

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 03:40 PM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13
Default Factory Correct Seat Belts For 68-82 On Sale **Starting At $184.99!**

We've partnered with the largest supplier of reproduction seat belts in the country to offer C3 owners factory correct seat belts at huge savings.

We have kits for a 68 to a 82 with pricing starting at $184.99 for an economy set and options to upgrade to the GM replicas.

Click here to browse our huge selection, we know you'll find the set you've been looking for to complete your restoration.

http://www.corvettemods.com/Seat-Bel...nts_c_282.html

Old 08-01-2013, 04:41 AM
ex9850
Instructor

I'd buy a set for my 78 but they are probably the same length as my stock ones which are about 1 inch too short.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:09 AM
palmbeachvette76
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I work for and handle the Corvette Mods account with this Seatbelt Manufacture. Call and place your order with Corvette Mods and ask him to request the additional length you want and we'll build the belts longer for you. We build every set of seatbelts to order so it's no problem at all.

I'd also recommend checking into the Premium/ OE Styled belts for your '78 since they come with the OE styled tongue with the metal tongue cover along with GM buckles and new buckle sleeves. The economy belts have a plastic tongue cover, no sleeves and a regular buckle.

Eric

Old 08-09-2013, 10:56 AM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by palmbeachvette76
I work for and handle the Corvette Mods account with this Seatbelt Manufacture. Call and place your order with Corvette Mods and ask him to request the additional length you want and we'll build the belts longer for you. We build every set of seatbelts to order so it's no problem at all.

I'd also recommend checking into the Premium/ OE Styled belts for your '78 since they come with the OE styled tongue with the metal tongue cover along with GM buckles and new buckle sleeves. The economy belts have a plastic tongue cover, no sleeves and a regular buckle.

Eric

Old 08-22-2013, 11:46 PM
tx75vette
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Is dark saddle available for a 72 coupe ? I see saddle listed , but it looks like the lighter color of saddle. Dark saddle is about the color of a football.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:14 AM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by tx75vette
Is dark saddle available for a 72 coupe ? I see saddle listed , but it looks like the lighter color of saddle. Dark saddle is about the color of a football.
This mfg offers brown:

http://www.corvettemods.com/1970-198...em_p_7766.html
Old 08-23-2013, 12:16 PM
palmbeachvette76
Pro

Originally Posted by tx75vette
In order to get an OE 3 Panel webbing color you'll need to purchase the OE Style belts not the Economy series. We carry a Saddle and Medium Saddle that should be what you can use for the Dark Saddle interior. Here is a color sample but again this is only used on the OE Style belt sets.

Medium Saddle (3008)

http://www.corvettemods.com/C3-1972-...le_p_8103.html

Old 08-23-2013, 04:51 PM
tx75vette
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok.... thanks for the reply. That medium saddle looks close to the original dark saddle in the sample.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:55 AM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Old 09-10-2013, 06:41 AM
CA-Legal-Vette
Race Director

Received 318 Likes on 269 Posts

I looked closely at you 73 convertible OE set and they look to be very close reproductions at a reasonable price.

Glad to see that these are offered!

Also glad to see that the convertible shoulder belt conversion is also being offered. I don't know that I've seen this available as a set before. Well done.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:24 PM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Old 09-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Bocaguru
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 73 Seat Belts and rollup needed

My rollup for the drivers lap seat belt does not function. The belt is fully out and the re-tractor does not pull it back into the rollup. Do you have the hardware or a repair kit?
Old 09-16-2013, 05:34 PM
ryanmh
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Is it possible to get a shoulder belt that attaches to the factory lap belt in a '69? Mine are reversed from the repro setups: The hole to hook the shoulder belt is on the lap belt, and the hook is on the shoulder belt. If the correct configuration isn't available, is there an adapter? Don't really have a need or desire to replace lap belts.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:57 PM
palmbeachvette76
Pro

Originally Posted by Bocaguru
My rollup for the drivers lap seat belt does not function. The belt is fully out and the re-tractor does not pull it back into the rollup. Do you have the hardware or a repair kit?
The underseat retractors are a common failure and most of the time it's corrosion related from interior leaks and rainwater. Your sounds like the spring has failed which can oftentimes be repaired however I've never seen a repair kit since the spring has to be preloaded during the installation.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:03 PM
palmbeachvette76
Pro

Originally Posted by ryanmh
Is it possible to get a shoulder belt that attaches to the factory lap belt in a '69? Mine are reversed from the repro setups: The hole to hook the shoulder belt is on the lap belt, and the hook is on the shoulder belt. If the correct configuration isn't available, is there an adapter? Don't really have a need or desire to replace lap belts.
The short and direct answer is, No.

1969 (Late '68 also) was the only year that came with the shoulder belt mounted on a vertical plane and the shoulder belt had the stud on the underside and the slot in the tongue. Since 1970-73 coupe/convertibles and 1974-75 Convertibles have the stud on the tongue and collar on the shoulder belt we produced this set up on our aftermarket reproduction belts.

One option is refurbishing your belts but from the sounds of it you may not need this. Do you have a shoulder belt? or wanted to add one?

Eric

Old 09-16-2013, 10:12 PM
ryanmh
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I had hoped to add a shoulder belt to my convertible. Most of the belts, though, don't come in dark green, so I didn't really care to replace the whole mess. Mine are in good shape. All I really wanted was shoulder belts of whatever color--probably black since green isn't out there. I would think that someone, somewhere, must make a shoulder buckle piece with the stud on it. Maybe its possible to just cut off the pieces that comes on it and sew on the proper one? Hmmm....

The short and direct answer is, No.

1969 (Late '68 also) was the only year that came with the shoulder belt mounted on a vertical plane and the shoulder belt had the stud on the underside and the slot in the tongue. Since 1970-73 coupe/convertibles and 1974-75 Convertibles have the stud on the tongue and collar on the shoulder belt we produced this set up on our aftermarket reproduction belts.

One option is refurbishing your belts but from the sounds of it you may not need this. Do you have a shoulder belt? or wanted to add one?

Eric

Old 09-17-2013, 05:35 AM
palmbeachvette76
Pro

Originally Posted by ryanmh
I had hoped to add a shoulder belt to my convertible. Most of the belts, though, don't come in dark green, so I didn't really care to replace the whole mess. Mine are in good shape. All I really wanted was shoulder belts of whatever color--probably black since green isn't out there. I would think that someone, somewhere, must make a shoulder buckle piece with the stud on it. Maybe its possible to just cut off the pieces that comes on it and sew on the proper one? Hmmm....
If you can provide the factory '69 ends then yes they could be used in place of the open collar that we currently use. As far as the dark green goes we have a Dark Green (aftermarket 7 Panel webbing) and a Military Green (3 Panel OE webbing) that I've used on the older C3 cars. Chevrolet normally matched the seatbelt webbing color to the carpet so if it's a shade off that would be normal.

Do your seats have the shoulder belt guides or are you adding those? Also pull back the carpet in the back where the wheel well hump is located and look for factory threaded mounting holes for the retractors.

Get notified of new replies

To Factory Correct Seat Belts For 68-82 On Sale **Starting At $184.99!**

Old 10-02-2013, 10:04 AM
Ontario73
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

We carry a Saddle and Medium Saddle that should be what you can use for the Dark Saddle interior. Here is a color sample but again this is only used on the OE Style belt sets.

Medium Saddle (3008)

http://www.corvettemods.com/C3-1972-...le_p_8103.html

I am also looking for 'Dark Saddle' for my 73. I do not see the medium saddle that you mention as an option. The only listing, with the OEM belts, is saddle which is too light! How does one order the darker color?
Old 10-02-2013, 10:44 AM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by Ontario73
I am also looking for 'Dark Saddle' for my 73. I do not see the medium saddle that you mention as an option. The only listing, with the OEM belts, is saddle which is too light! How does one order the darker color?
Give us a call we can get you taken care of
Old 01-13-2014, 04:39 PM
Jethrotracey
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by corvettemods1
Hello do to do a set convertible shoulder belt conversion for a 1969 roadster ?

Quick Reply: Factory Correct Seat Belts For 68-82 On Sale **Starting At $184.99!**