Sponsored by:

Installed a Tranny Cooler on a 1977

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 09:58 PM
MakoJoe
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Installed a Tranny Cooler on a 1977

After soaking down the old Front Spoiler bolts I still ended up breaking one. Should have hit it with a wire brush also. Felt too good to be true than just twisted and broke. Found another bolt that would not come out also that a previous owner did not remove when they installed a new Front Spoiler. I am soaking it with the new WD 40 Rust Buster to see how it works. This is on the very right side and goes into a body mount. Do not want to break this one and have to drill it out. I might take a dremal tool and cut it off at the top threads.

Looks like I will be purchasing a new bolt kit for the Front Spoiler.

http://www.ecklerscorvette.com/corve...roduct_Related

I was happy though the new Tranny Cooler kit took about 2 hours to install on the cold side going back into the transmission. I was even happier that my fluid looked nice and clean after replacing the filter than also flushing it twice before 4 quarts at time.

I started to drain it but just loosened the drain plug on the new pan to get a sample of a few ounces too check the color. I was prepared today to drop the pan again and replace the filter again. I will save the filter kit I purchased for another day after I put some miles on the car.

Quick Reply: Installed a Tranny Cooler on a 1977