Sponsored by:

73 rusted filler neck

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 01:22 PM
stingme73
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 73 rusted filler neck

hello. I have a 73 , that hasn't run in 12 years but soon will. putting in new fuel system except the lines blew them out, they look good.i want to use the old filler neck on the new tank. the old neck is pretty rusted I can clean it up with wire brush and navel jel. my question is , should I coat it with something ? or leave it alone . if so with what? because it will be exposed to fuel. thanks....
Old 11-23-2013, 03:42 PM
stevelischynsky
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The original part looks like it was cadmium plated. So it would be hard to duplicated that with any paint. If your not worried about looks maybe some one can chime in on what paint to use.

The outside of mine was starting to rust. So I bead blasted the rust and protected the inside that was still good. I then copy cad plated(Caswell) the outside by masking the inside with satin clear spray paint.

Steve L
73 coupe since new
Old 11-23-2013, 03:58 PM
stingme73
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks steve. it cleaned up better than I thought it would. I should be good to go . I think the fuel itself will inhibit rust from the inside and as far as the outside (under the cap) ill just wipe it down with wd from time to time.

Get notified of new replies

To 73 rusted filler neck

Quick Reply: 73 rusted filler neck