Harbor freight blaster

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 01:26 PM
SB64
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 796 Likes on 620 Posts

Default Harbor freight blaster

I do not have a picture but the cost was $140. Has anyone ever used on to clean parts or some of the frame???
Old 12-14-2013, 02:15 PM
jesse10886
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not the harbor freight brand blaster but I have a cheap chinese one I got off craigslist it worked great for cleaning my parts. I know you need a nice air compressor that can put out allot of continuous air at high flow or else you only get a few short minutes of use the wait for air to build up again
Old 12-14-2013, 03:05 PM
4 speed
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

is this the cabinet, or the pot blaster that you use out side.

I have a pot type, it works good, but it runs out of material a little quick for big jobs .
my compressor is a 80 gal upright 175psi. never have to worry about air before the sand runs out. be sure to get at least a painters mask, a real one about 25 buck, not a dust mask. the sand dust is very bad for you.

this is what I have
http://www.harborfreight.com/110-lb-...ter-69724.html
Old 12-14-2013, 03:31 PM
Amorget
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the cabinet. I love it and was great at cleaning parts. However, I will say, the gun and hose aren't good. The hose kept blowing off the gun and is very weak. The gun is now leaking air slightly. You also need some sort of air movement system in it. For the sale cost it is totally worth it.

This is the one I have:

http://www.harborfreight.com/40-Lb-C...fQ%3D%3D%0D%0A
Old 12-14-2013, 04:40 PM
SB64
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Default harbor freight

yes that's the one. was thinking of getting one. may you can get better hose and gun to make it better. I will probably get one.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:21 PM
Dustup7T2
Terrorizing Orange Cones
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I bought the HF cabinet. Used it a lot on my C3 project. Will use it more with anything else that is appropriate and where the dirty pieces will fit inside.

Here's a pic of the thing in the background behind the cherry picker. Behind the C3's original engine/trans combo sitting on a rolling stand, is the Campbell Hausfeld 60 gallon compressor. I could get a lot of stuff sprayed during long sessions with the kind of results that I was searching for, after replacing a smaller, overworked, older Sears unit that had failed.

There's a shop vac hiding somewhere that I connect its hose to the blast cabinet for dust control too. Once I married all of them together, I was rockin' and a rollin' to make ugly parts look good again.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:43 PM
PUNISHER VETTE
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You talking about the blaster or the cabinet?

If blaster I have the same type posted above and HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Spend a little extra and get a larger capacity and the larger lid type. Having to pour sand into the tiny plastic funnel and having it get air locked not flow into the canister sucks.

The handle on it wore out quickly for me and wasn't air tight.

The thing is a huge pain to clean out if you get a clog in the bottom valve. Basically I have to turn it upside down and slowly drain as much of the sand out as possible and hope the tiny rock that was in there is now out...re sift all the sand and put it back in.

Here's the lid I'm talking about. Not the 2" type ones...
Old 12-14-2013, 08:04 PM
SB64
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Default blaster

How much is that marco and where did you get that
Old 12-14-2013, 08:12 PM
PUNISHER VETTE
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rvzio
How much is that marco and where did you get that
Sorry. I don't own that one.. just a picture I found off the internet that shows the larger style lid.

I'm not even sure they are any better but I do know I HATE the tiny opening on the cheap HF one I have.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:49 AM
Amorget
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rvzio
yes that's the one. was thinking of getting one. may you can get better hose and gun to make it better. I will probably get one.
Yeah, they should be dead simple to replace. Just buy a better reinforced line and a better gun when the time comes. Mine did a fine job for the first 5-8 hours of blasting then started having the issues. Amazing how good of a job it did and how much time it saved.

Get notified of new replies

To Harbor freight blaster

Quick Reply: Harbor freight blaster