Go Back   Corvette Forum > C3 Corvettes, 1968 - 1982 > C3 General
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C3 General
General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
Corvette America

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!


Corvette Store
 
 
C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads
 
 
Vendor Directory
  
Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #1
Cristina Chenievel
Junior Member
 
Cristina Chenievel's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2013
Location: Redondo Beach CA
chenievel thecristina chenievel
Default Seeking Nominations for Corvette of the Week!!!

Hi everyone!

I want to try something new and see what cars you want featured as Corvette of the Week. This Friday we will be featuring a C3 on CorvetteForum. Please be sure to follow these guidelines as best you can:

• The Corvette needs to belong to a forum member.
• Share the story behind the Corvette or link to the thread or threads which contain the story. This can include anything from how long you were chasing the car and the love you feel, to the mods you’ve made.
• And last, but not least, WE NEED PHOTOS! The more the merrier. And the more well done, the more likely you are to capture our hearts and attention. In the interest of space, it would be best to link me to the thread or threads which contain the photos you wish to share, but you can share them here as well. Videos are also welcome, but not necessary.

I can't wait to see your submissions.


Ready...


Set...


Go!


Last edited by Cristina Chenievel; 12-23-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Cristina Chenievel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #2
1427
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee Wisconsin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina Chenievel View Post
Hi everyone!

I want to try something new and see what cars you want featured as Corvette of the Week. This Friday we will be featuring a C3 on CorvetteForum. Please be sure to follow these guidelines as best you can:

• The Corvette needs to belong to a forum member.
• Share the story behind the Corvette or link to the thread or threads which contain the story. This can include anything from how long you were chasing the car and the love you feel, to the mods you’ve made.
• And last, but not least, WE NEED PHOTOS! The more the merrier. And the more well done, the more likely you are to capture our hearts and attention. In the interest of space, it would be best to link me to the thread or threads which contain the photos you wish to share, but you can share them here as well. Videos are also welcome, but not necessary.

I can't wait to see your submissions.


Ready...


Set...


Go!

You can start with mine if you want. Just pull the pics from My Garage
1427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #3
qwank
CF Senior Member
 
qwank's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2011
Location: Southern NH
Default

I'll play:

qwank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 02:20 AM   #4
Shark Racer
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
Shark Racer's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2000
Location: San Jose CA
Send a message via ICQ to Shark Racer Send a message via AIM to Shark Racer
Default

Click the image to open in full size.

This is my 78 Corvette, it was given to me on my 16th birthday and I've owned it since. I'm the second owner, the original was my grandmother (it was a present from my grandfather).

It was mostly original until a main bearing failed, rod snapped and put a hole in the side of the block. It got a run-of-the-mill replacement but once the first deviation from "basic" happened (a high-flow cat and aftermarket mufflers) things started to get interesting. Now, every system on the car has been touched (springs, shocks, strut rods, built diff with 3.73s, TKO, heads, cam, custom QuadraJet (built by me with lots of advice from Cliff Ruggles and Lars).

The best thing about owning this car is the knowledge and skills I've gained, the friends I've made, the motivation to push myself further in life and my career, initially just to support the car but that ambition grew into its own reward and motivation.

This is the car that got me through high school and college; I drove it on my first date, drove it to my high school graduation, college graduation, my first job interview, my first autocross and so much more. It may not be the most desirable of Corvettes, but it's the first I've owned (I've had 6 now) and the only one I still own. It would be hard to imagine it not being around. It's been around me my entire life, and is going to stay around for quite a long time.
Shark Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 06:27 AM   #5
theblackvette
CF Senior Member
 
theblackvette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2003
Location: Corvetteville USA
Default Red Dragon Nomination

Here is mine:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...re-she-is.html



Click the image to open in full size.
theblackvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #6
damoroso
CF Senior Member
 
damoroso's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2008
Location: Middleburg Florida
Default

After swapping in a big block and 2004R trans, repairing a damaged front left corner, modifying the L-88 hood and many more mods, here it is after paint and nearly complete, here's mine!





damoroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:24 AM   #7
damoroso
CF Senior Member
 
damoroso's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2008
Location: Middleburg Florida
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Racer View Post
Click the image to open in full size.

This is my 78 Corvette, it was given to me on my 16th birthday and I've owned it since. I'm the second owner, the original was my grandmother (it was a present from my grandfather).

It was mostly original until a main bearing failed, rod snapped and put a hole in the side of the block. It got a run-of-the-mill replacement but once the first deviation from "basic" happened (a high-flow cat and aftermarket mufflers) things started to get interesting. Now, every system on the car has been touched (springs, shocks, strut rods, built diff with 3.73s, TKO, heads, cam, custom QuadraJet (built by me with lots of advice from Cliff Ruggles and Lars).

The best thing about owning this car is the knowledge and skills I've gained, the friends I've made, the motivation to push myself further in life and my career, initially just to support the car but that ambition grew into its own reward and motivation.

This is the car that got me through high school and college; I drove it on my first date, drove it to my high school graduation, college graduation, my first job interview, my first autocross and so much more. It may not be the most desirable of Corvettes, but it's the first I've owned (I've had 6 now) and the only one I still own. It would be hard to imagine it not being around. It's been around me my entire life, and is going to stay around for quite a long time.
What a great story!!!
damoroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #8
Cristina Chenievel
Junior Member
 
Cristina Chenievel's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2013
Location: Redondo Beach CA
chenievel thecristina chenievel
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackvette View Post
You are disqualified!!!

...


Because you were already featured!

http://www.corvetteforum.com/article...week-c3-heart/
Cristina Chenievel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #9
Cristina Chenievel
Junior Member
 
Cristina Chenievel's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2013
Location: Redondo Beach CA
chenievel thecristina chenievel
Default

Great story, Shark Racer!
Cristina Chenievel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #10
theblackvette
CF Senior Member
 
theblackvette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2003
Location: Corvetteville USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina Chenievel View Post
You are disqualified!!!

...


Because you were already featured!

http://www.corvetteforum.com/article...week-c3-heart/


This is the first I have seen this!



Totally awesome and thank you!!!!!!!!
theblackvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:10 PM   #11
harris1507
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
harris1507's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2012
Location: Orlando FL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackvette View Post


This is the first I have seen this!



Totally awesome and thank you!!!!!!!!
The reason you missed this because you have been out driving the Red Dragon doing God knows what in Publix parking lot. Oh wait, the Police may have spoken to you about your singing while driving. What was that Prince Song you were singing (Little Red Corvette). LOL

Nice Feature on your car Marc, I can’t wait to drive it!
harris1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:10 PM
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum > C3 Corvettes, 1968 - 1982 > C3 General
Reload this Page Seeking Nominations for Corvette of the Week!!!
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nominate your C1 for Corvette of the Week! Cristina Chenievel C1 & C2 Corvettes 13 01-11-2014 09:12 PM
Nominate your C2 for Corvette of the Week! Cristina Chenievel C1 & C2 Corvettes 19 01-03-2014 06:31 PM
Seeking Nominations for Corvette of the Week!!! Cristina Chenievel C4 General Discussion 18 12-24-2013 12:00 PM
WTT: Turbo BMW E36 M3 for C5 Z06 (Will add cash) Mineral_'01 C5 Corvettes for Sale 0 07-16-2013 11:45 AM
My Corvette Obsession/Addiction (A History) chstitans42 C3 General 67 03-24-2012 10:56 PM



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Click for Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:27 AM.


Emails & Password Backup