Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C3 General
General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech Sponsored by
Corvette America

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 12-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #1
Cristina Chenievel

chenievel thecristina chenievel
Default Seeking Nominations for Corvette of the Week!!!

Hi everyone!

I want to try something new and see what cars you want featured as Corvette of the Week. This Friday we will be featuring a C3 on CorvetteForum. Please be sure to follow these guidelines as best you can:

• The Corvette needs to belong to a forum member.
• Share the story behind the Corvette or link to the thread or threads which contain the story. This can include anything from how long you were chasing the car and the love you feel, to the mods you’ve made.
• And last, but not least, WE NEED PHOTOS! The more the merrier. And the more well done, the more likely you are to capture our hearts and attention. In the interest of space, it would be best to link me to the thread or threads which contain the photos you wish to share, but you can share them here as well. Videos are also welcome, but not necessary.

I can't wait to see your submissions.

Ready...

Set...

Go!

Last edited by Cristina Chenievel; 12-23-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Cristina Chenievel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #2
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina Chenievel View Post
Hi everyone!

I want to try something new and see what cars you want featured as Corvette of the Week. This Friday we will be featuring a C3 on CorvetteForum. Please be sure to follow these guidelines as best you can:

• The Corvette needs to belong to a forum member.
• Share the story behind the Corvette or link to the thread or threads which contain the story. This can include anything from how long you were chasing the car and the love you feel, to the mods you’ve made.
• And last, but not least, WE NEED PHOTOS! The more the merrier. And the more well done, the more likely you are to capture our hearts and attention. In the interest of space, it would be best to link me to the thread or threads which contain the photos you wish to share, but you can share them here as well. Videos are also welcome, but not necessary.

I can't wait to see your submissions.

Ready...

Set...

Go!

You can start with mine if you want. Just pull the pics from My Garage
1427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #3
qwank
CF Senior Member

I'll play:

qwank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 02:20 AM   #4
Shark Racer
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Send a message via ICQ to Shark Racer Send a message via AIM to Shark Racer

Click the image to open in full size.

This is my 78 Corvette, it was given to me on my 16th birthday and I've owned it since. I'm the second owner, the original was my grandmother (it was a present from my grandfather).

It was mostly original until a main bearing failed, rod snapped and put a hole in the side of the block. It got a run-of-the-mill replacement but once the first deviation from "basic" happened (a high-flow cat and aftermarket mufflers) things started to get interesting. Now, every system on the car has been touched (springs, shocks, strut rods, built diff with 3.73s, TKO, heads, cam, custom QuadraJet (built by me with lots of advice from Cliff Ruggles and Lars).

The best thing about owning this car is the knowledge and skills I've gained, the friends I've made, the motivation to push myself further in life and my career, initially just to support the car but that ambition grew into its own reward and motivation.

This is the car that got me through high school and college; I drove it on my first date, drove it to my high school graduation, college graduation, my first job interview, my first autocross and so much more. It may not be the most desirable of Corvettes, but it's the first I've owned (I've had 6 now) and the only one I still own. It would be hard to imagine it not being around. It's been around me my entire life, and is going to stay around for quite a long time.
Shark Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 06:27 AM   #5
theblackvette
CF Senior Member

Default Red Dragon Nomination

Here is mine:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...re-she-is.html

theblackvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #6
damoroso
CF Senior Member

After swapping in a big block and 2004R trans, repairing a damaged front left corner, modifying the L-88 hood and many more mods, here it is after paint and nearly complete, here's mine!

damoroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:24 AM   #7
damoroso
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Racer View Post

This is my 78 Corvette, it was given to me on my 16th birthday and I've owned it since. I'm the second owner, the original was my grandmother (it was a present from my grandfather).

It was mostly original until a main bearing failed, rod snapped and put a hole in the side of the block. It got a run-of-the-mill replacement but once the first deviation from "basic" happened (a high-flow cat and aftermarket mufflers) things started to get interesting. Now, every system on the car has been touched (springs, shocks, strut rods, built diff with 3.73s, TKO, heads, cam, custom QuadraJet (built by me with lots of advice from Cliff Ruggles and Lars).

The best thing about owning this car is the knowledge and skills I've gained, the friends I've made, the motivation to push myself further in life and my career, initially just to support the car but that ambition grew into its own reward and motivation.

This is the car that got me through high school and college; I drove it on my first date, drove it to my high school graduation, college graduation, my first job interview, my first autocross and so much more. It may not be the most desirable of Corvettes, but it's the first I've owned (I've had 6 now) and the only one I still own. It would be hard to imagine it not being around. It's been around me my entire life, and is going to stay around for quite a long time.
What a great story!!!
damoroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #8
Cristina Chenievel

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackvette View Post
You are disqualified!!!

Because you were already featured!

http://www.corvetteforum.com/article...week-c3-heart/
Old 12-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #9
Cristina Chenievel

Great story, Shark Racer!
Old 12-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #10
theblackvette
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina Chenievel View Post
You are disqualified!!!

Because you were already featured!

http://www.corvetteforum.com/article...week-c3-heart/

This is the first I have seen this!

Totally awesome and thank you!!!!!!!!
theblackvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:10 PM   #11
harris1507
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackvette View Post

This is the first I have seen this!

Totally awesome and thank you!!!!!!!!
The reason you missed this because you have been out driving the Red Dragon doing God knows what in Publix parking lot. Oh wait, the Police may have spoken to you about your singing while driving. What was that Prince Song you were singing (Little Red Corvette). LOL

Nice Feature on your car Marc, I can’t wait to drive it!
harris1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:10 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C3 Corvettes, 1968 - 1982 > C3 General
Reload this Page Seeking Nominations for Corvette of the Week!!!