Looking For Mechanic

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 05:29 PM
AARRA
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Looking For Mechanic

Would anyone be willing to share contact info for a meticulous, competent mechanic in the central New Jersey area (Freehold/Manalapan/Marlboro/Colts Neck) or within a 25 mile radius. I'm looking to do minor work now, possibly larger job in the future.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:55 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

What exactly are you looking for as far as work being done
Old 02-12-2014, 06:08 PM
AARRA
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Mechanic

Originally Posted by Gordonm
What exactly are you looking for as far as work being done
Immediately, I am looking to have someone replace the power antenna cable (I have the cable); replace the clock with the original which I repaired (there is a quartz movement in now); tune-up and oil change.
I want to keep the car original for now, but may get more creative in the future.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

[QUOTE=AARRA;1586158000
I want to keep the car original for now, but may get more creative in the future.[/QUOTE]

Ask 73jst4fun about this. I met him a number of years ago and he said the same thing. He looked at my car and then never looked back. We have replaced his engine a few times, now he runs a roller cammed motor and I switched his automatic to a 5 speed and we switched rear gears among many other things. I have done a lot of work for forum members here locally on their cars. I am not in your "zone" of 25 miles but can probably help you out. Those few things you want done are pretty minor things to get done. I'm not a professional shop but have been wrenching on cars for years.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:15 PM
AARRA
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Mechanic

If you want the job, it's yours. I would like to have the first steps done ASAP depending on the weather. I am planning the next steps and would like to discuss it with you and get your suggestions. Most of all, I have to ease this on my wife, little by little.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:12 PM
vette427-sbc
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

I have a shop in Middletown that does small to medium resto work like you describe (although I dont usually do oil changes, Ive made exceptions before).
We've all seen Gordons work and its obviously top notch if you are thinking of going to him
Old 02-12-2014, 09:23 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Originally Posted by AARRA
If you want the job, it's yours. I would like to have the first steps done ASAP depending on the weather. I am planning the next steps and would like to discuss it with you and get your suggestions. Most of all, I have to ease this on my wife, little by little.
Yes the weather has been challenging to say the least. I have a lift in my garage so I can keep both Vettes in the garage. These are not big jobs but I do not do this full time and do things when I can so whenever is fine. Mine is running right now but not street able yet. I do have to bleed the brakes but that is not a big deal. Let's get through this latest storm and see what happens weather wise.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:49 PM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,029 Likes on 1,315 Posts

Not to step on Gordon's feet, but if you want to use a Corvette repair shop for the work, try Glen at Hillside Corvette.

Glen has a full service Corvette repair shop, and is experienced in all areas of Corvette work. He is also the former judging chairman for the Central Jersey Chapter of the NCRS, and races and maintains Corvette and Camaro SCCA race cars.

Hillside is located in Bond Brook, and can be reached at 732-469-0808.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:00 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Originally Posted by gbvette62
Not to step on Gordon's feet, but if you want to use a Corvette repair shop for the work, try Glen at Hillside Corvette.

Glen has a full service Corvette repair shop, and is experienced in all areas of Corvette work. He is also the former judging chairman for the Central Jersey Chapter of the NCRS, and races and maintains Corvette and Camaro SCCA race cars.

Hillside is located in Bond Brook, and can be reached at 732-469-0808.
Not at all. Just offering up a service.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:49 AM
AARRA
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Mechanic

Thank you to those who responded. I will contact each individually this weekend. There was a time when I was younger and good-looking when I could have done most of this work myself. Now I'm old and lazy (still good-looking) so I need help. Thanks again, this seems like a great forum and I hope to be a productive member.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:29 PM
AARRA
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Gordonm
Not at all. Just offering up a service.
Sent you a pm.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:57 PM
John 65
Le Mans Master

Received 403 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by AARRA
Thank you to those who responded. I will contact each individually this weekend. There was a time when I was younger and good-looking when I could have done most of this work myself. Now I'm old and lazy (still good-looking) so I need help. Thanks again, this seems like a great forum and I hope to be a productive member.
One more, Butchy, at B and G automotive in Rahway does very nice work also. His partner is a current Bloomington Gold Director, they are both old, and not very good looking.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:37 PM
AARRA
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Mechanic

Originally Posted by John 65
One more, Butchy, at B and G automotive in Rahway does very nice work also. His partner is a current Bloomington Gold Director, they are both old, and not very good looking.
Works for me. I can 't have a mechanic who is better looking than my car.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking For Mechanic

Quick Reply: Looking For Mechanic