wiper motor help. 72 corvette

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 07:54 PM
andycw
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default wiper motor help. 72 corvette

Trying to get wiper motor working. I used Mr. Wilcox bench test and it works fine. When I install and hook up on car, it will not turn on. I have power at override and it is on. I have power through limit switch. I have power at main power supply. I ran the test for checking the ground and still will doesnt work. I ran a 12v wire to terminal 2 and a ground wire to the #3 connector and all I get is a click.

Any help appreciated
Old 03-13-2014, 08:07 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Down at the starter region is a ~10 ga black wire with a loop on it, going over/under a 3/8 dia. stud....that is sometimes connected to the battery lug on the starter motor.....and so that is supposed to be a GROUND wire for the wiper motor, fan blower, and high speed fan relay....so check that first....

the yellow center wire should have 12+ volts on it at all times.....the other two outer wires on that plug are grounded for the two speeds....and so the switch inside relied on the FRAME of the center bezel, trick is.....that thing breaks in the thin area just under where the switch assy is located, takes a typical 3 screws to lower the sw. assy and you can then obviously see the broken/looooose ground for the switch, just run a ground wire to the body ground, directly ....

then when the door is UP, it is supposed to close a 12+ switch via a actuator just to right side/rear of the dizzy, up on the firewall, that switch is 12+ and has to pass that voltage to the motor, or no go...that is a safety gig to keep the motor from jammming the blades on to the door, if closed/not open enough....

Old 03-13-2014, 11:26 PM
andycw
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default yellow wire

Thanks MrVette. I checked my ground to starter = good. Checked for power at yellow wire, negative. I assume this goes directly to fuse box? Will check tomorrow
andy
Old 03-14-2014, 12:34 PM
andycw
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default fixed

Thanks MrVette. Problem was no power to yellow wire. Fuse was blown. works perfect now

andy

Get notified of new replies

To wiper motor help. 72 corvette

Quick Reply: wiper motor help. 72 corvette