Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

78 C3 Electrical help!!

Old 03-19-2014, 04:42 PM
Douglas Brown
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Default 78 C3 Electrical help!!

After hooking up the battery I began to check the circuits, Lights, small issues..bad bulbs. (tried those super bright bulbs, Too hot, I burned the plastic housing where they connect in the tail light, causing a slight adjustment for refitting a stock bulb.)
Turn signals work great, courtesy light & timer good.
Head lights OK.
A/C heater blower system...Problem Blower motor does not shut off, runs at vary low speed when switch is shut off, in order to get it to stop I have to disconnect brown wire (power) connection under console where it connects to the climate control levers, or disconnect the A/C blower motor Resistor.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:35 PM
Pete79L82
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Douglas Brown
After hooking up the battery I began to check the circuits, Lights, small issues..bad bulbs. (tried those super bright bulbs, Too hot, I burned the plastic housing where they connect in the tail light, causing a slight adjustment for refitting a stock bulb.)
Turn signals work great, courtesy light & timer good.
Head lights OK.
A/C heater blower system...Problem Blower motor does not shut off, runs at vary low speed when switch is shut off, in order to get it to stop I have to disconnect brown wire (power) connection under console where it connects to the climate control levers, or disconnect the A/C blower motor Resistor.

The blower motor on a 78 is designed to run whenever the ignition switch is on. It will run at a very slow speed when the blower switch is in the lowest position.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:02 PM
Douglas Brown
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete79L82
The blower motor on a 78 is designed to run whenever the ignition switch is on. It will run at a very slow speed when the blower switch is in the lowest position.
thanks Pete....

As always you guys are good.

Db

Get notified of new replies

To 78 C3 Electrical help!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 78 C3 Electrical help!!