Sponsored by:

want to sell indy pace car 1978

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 08:52 PM
bdbank
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default want to sell indy pace car 1978

These forums are a wealth of information from so many helpful people. here is my situation.
I got a call from a friend who just inherited her fathers prize corvette, an indy pace car he purchased new. The car is very original except for some dress up items in the engine compartment. it is a 1978 L-82 automatic, A/C, pb,ps,pw. Mirrored t tops, original decals installed. There is some spider cracks in the original paint, some buffing wear on edges. Nice silver leather, with slight discoloration of carpet edges. It shows 1750 miles and despite the daughters belief it is low miles i think it is one hundred and seventeen. Tires should tell the tale, what did they come with originally?
My question here is what would be a reasonable asking price for a very original pace car with L 82 and higher mileage? You will probably see it here advertised in the next week. Comments? thanks in advance, Brad
Old 06-02-2014, 10:09 PM
rdc
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM Sent.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:16 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,326 Likes on 2,774 Posts

I will move this from Cars For Sale classified to the General section where you can discuss value.

When your friend determines an asking price and decides to sell, have her get an account and list it back in the For Sale section.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:40 PM
bdbank
Advanced

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer5869
I will move this from Cars For Sale classified to the General section where you can discuss value.

When your friend determines an asking price and decides to sell, have her get an account and list it back in the For Sale section.

thanks, wasnt sure of where to post this since it had to do with car for sale with unknown price. Will follow up with proper posting..Brad
Old 06-03-2014, 04:40 AM
hunt4cleanair
Safety Car

Received 716 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by bdbank
I got a call from a friend who just inherited her fathers prize corvette, an indy pace car he purchased new. The car is very original except for some dress up items in the engine compartment. it is a 1978 L-82 automatic, A/C, pb,ps,pw. Mirrored t tops, original decals installed. There is some spider cracks in the original paint, some buffing wear on edges. Nice silver leather, with slight discoloration of carpet edges.

It shows 1750 miles and despite the daughters belief it is low miles i think it is one hundred and seventeen.
Are you suggesting the milege is 101,750?

Tires should tell the tale, what did they come with originally?
Good Year P255/60 GT Radial

My question here is what would be a reasonable asking price for a very original pace car with L 82 and higher mileage?
Brad

Suggest using the search thread feature and insert Pace Car values. The topics has been explored much and you should find a pretty good range with descriptions that compare with what you have there.

You might also check this out:
Pace Car
Old 06-03-2014, 06:37 AM
bdbank
Advanced

Originally Posted by hunt4cleanair
Are you suggesting the milege is 101,750?

Good Year P255/60 GT Radial

Brad

Suggest using the search thread feature and insert Pace Car values. The topics has been explored much and you should find a pretty good range with descriptions that compare with what you have there.

You might also check this out:
Pace Car
yes one hundred one seven fifty. thanks for the info. Brad
Old 06-03-2014, 08:06 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

You do not say whether your friend wants to sell the car. If she does, she should have the car appraised.
Old 06-03-2014, 09:03 AM
bdbank
Advanced

Originally Posted by Easy Mike
You do not say whether your friend wants to sell the car. If she does, she should have the car appraised.
thanks. She is going to sell it and i will be the one setting values and researching what i need to research to determine value and oversee the process. I was using the forum to help figure out the key information and i have got enough private messages to confirm an asking price of 15 thousand dollars with an expectation of 12 to 15 as the sale number. I need to determine miles, find the build sheet or window sticker, document servicing, clarify what options, wheels, tires running condition etc. I am not new to the process but Indy pace cars are not my specialty. So with the advice from people like you i have already educated myself to the point where she will not make a big mistake selling it. I am confident it will go to an owner who is a member of this forum...Brad
Old 06-03-2014, 10:49 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Go here: http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...x.php?cmd=area and see if you can obtain a copy of the original dealer invoice for the car.

Old 06-03-2014, 12:01 PM
qwank
Le Mans Master

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

We are going to need to see pictures to determine value.

Get notified of new replies

To want to sell indy pace car 1978

Quick Reply: want to sell indy pace car 1978