Sponsored by:

Built a speaker box for my Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 09:58 PM
MakoJoe
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Built a speaker box for my Corvette

I had been planning doing this for sometime now since I put a RetroSound Stereo System into my 1977 Corvette. This weekend I started to build a 34" wide x 6" deep x 12" tall speaker box to go into the cubby space behind the seats. This speaker box still leaves room for the T-Tops to sit in the cubby on a drive. While this project is not completed yet it will be done by next weekend.

This box will hold 2 6x9 Speakers, an 8 inch Woofer and a 400 watt Amp. I choose all these components to handle 400 Watts of power to match the amp I have installed.

I used to have 3 separate speaker boxes and the amp attached to one of them and now that I have a garage again building a proper speaker box for the stereo system.

I ordered a Scarlet Red Felt to closely match the Fire Red interior of the 1977 Corvette. I will post in the future how to install the Speaker Felt and to wire it up to an amp.

I had enough materials and built 2 of these enclosures so if anyone wants the second one PM me and I can sell it to you.

Do you just love the Avocado Green Cabinets the Previous home owner left in my garage when I bought this house a few months ago They are kitchen cabinets that some one installed years ago into this garage.

Last edited by MakoJoe; 07-05-2014 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:47 PM
qwank
Le Mans Master

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Looks great!

The speaker box isn't so bad either
Old 07-05-2014, 11:11 PM
JagNorb
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To Built a speaker box for my Corvette