Sponsored by:

fixed my oil pressure gauge!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 03:33 PM
sgt kohler
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default fixed my oil pressure gauge!

had quite the day fixing things on my 77 today. ive been wanting to get the op gauge working but there were a couple other things I wanted to do while I had it apart. I changed the heater, fan, ac , temp control. I also wanted to change the defrost grill on the top. also the vents at the top of the gauges. I pretty much disassembled everything from the passenger side to the center on the dash. I took all the vents and heat and ac duct work out and cleaned them up real good. took the gauge cluster apart and cleaned it up . there was lots of dirt on the clear lenses but now you can see the gauges real good. I replaced the printed circuit board along with the op gauge, and all new bulbs. I checked the continuity between the sending unit and the op wire at the cluster. no problems there. reinstalled every thing as it should be and cranked it up. I have around 55 lbs of oil pressure cold. good enough for me. it took about 6 hrs to do all this, but now it all works!

Last edited by sgt kohler; 07-30-2014 at 03:35 PM. Reason: misspell
Old 07-31-2014, 01:56 PM
C3Hawk
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats! It's great to fix parts you can actually see when you're driving!
Old 07-31-2014, 04:20 PM
Dustup7T2
Terrorizing Orange Cones
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

It's a great feeling to get one of those pesky "to do" items scratched off your list, isn't it? Glad that you weren't intimidated to dig in and resolve the problem yourself.

Congrats and enjoy.
Old 07-31-2014, 04:28 PM
sgt kohler
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by C3Hawk
Congrats! It's great to fix parts you can actually see when you're driving!
thanks ,I even redid all the insulation on the trans tunnel and the back of the fire wall. worse part of all of it was getting the screws back in the side panels of the console. that one next to the seat had me cursing like a sailor!!!! I think next time im going to put some 8/32 screws from the back side and double nut it then put some nuts and washers on the out side so you cant see them. then just slip the panels over the screws. hell I can even paint the nuts and washers to match the carpet.

Get notified of new replies

To fixed my oil pressure gauge!

Quick Reply: fixed my oil pressure gauge!