Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 09:34 PM
Denpo
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 127 Likes on 68 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by 76CSRvette
how are you gonna have the parking lights and brake lights to shine differently when break is applied im trying to find the correct words to say but I hope you understand.
Center red ring is normal light.
Middle ring is turn signal/backup light
Outer ring is the brake light.
So I don't have to dim any ring.
Those ring come with a amperage driver, so It might have got tricky to add a pwm dimming.

Last edited by Denpo; 09-19-2014 at 11:20 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-19-2014, 10:16 PM
persuader
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts

When will you be taking orders?
Old 09-19-2014, 11:28 PM
Denpo
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by persuader
When will you be taking orders?
You're not the first asking.
If they turn out nice, why not.
But don't expect them to come cheap, only in LED ring, it's a 200$ setup.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:19 AM
76CSRvette
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Denpo
Center red ring is normal light.
Middle ring is turn signal/backup light
Outer ring is the brake light.
So I don't have to dim any ring.
Those ring come with a amperage driver, so It might have got tricky to add a pwm dimming.
thanks that's what I was wondering if the rings were of different brightness.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:31 AM
Richard454
Le Mans Master

Received 3,218 Likes on 1,730 Posts
2023 Restomod of the Year finalist
2020 C3 of the Year Winner - Modified

Dropped by my machinist this morning, showed him the stuff, he likes the idea.
Here's a render of the laster iteration, I'm still playing with the shape as machining won't happen before a couple of days.
The grill is the actual grill, at its actual size.

Denpo-

I like!!!

While you are at it-
Here's something you might want to look at-sequential turn signal modules for LEDs- about $60 from Speedway Motors.

And here's the halos- just running them for parking- w/ my reverse lights.

Old 09-21-2014, 12:45 AM
Denpo
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Glad you liked it Richard.
I chose to dedicate a pair of the middle ring to the backup light and therefore only have one turn signal on each size.
So no flashing pattern.
One thing that'd be cool would be flashing brake light when hard braking. But it would have to be the real deal, with accelerometers.
But that would be great idea in other configuration.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:33 AM
Richard454
Le Mans Master

One thing that'd be cool would be flashing brake light when hard braking. But it would have to be the real deal, with accelerometers.
But that would be great idea in other configuration.
Here you go-

"This intelligent controller is different with normal flash controller. With VRH controller, your third brake light can flash according to braking force, deceleration is higher, more fast the brake light flashes.. This can decrease the responding time of driver behind you and alert them effectively especially when your brake car emergently to avoid rear-end, ensure safer driving. After 5.5seconds light become solid red until you release brake pedal to avoid annoying other drivers due to constant flashing."

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...529774965.html

Old 09-21-2014, 11:01 AM
Denpo
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

That's very neat, thank you Richard.
I use to think I'm pretty sleek when it comes to online searching, but I have to admit I've found my match. I couldn't find one at a decent price on Ebay.
One thing that could be worrying for a regular setup is the ground. If it's build how I think it's built, the switching occurs on the ground side of the device, otherwise it would just require splicing the 12v wire.
So, for car like the Vette, that use the common ground for the lights, that wouldn't work.
Hopefully, on my setup I still have the choice to route the ground wire somewhere before I let them plug into the chassis.
Ordering now.

Originally Posted by Richard454
Here you go-

"This intelligent controller is different with normal flash controller. With VRH controller, your third brake light can flash according to braking force, deceleration is higher, more fast the brake light flashes.. This can decrease the responding time of driver behind you and alert them effectively especially when your brake car emergently to avoid rear-end, ensure safer driving. After 5.5seconds light become solid red until you release brake pedal to avoid annoying other drivers due to constant flashing."

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...529774965.html

Old 09-21-2014, 12:28 PM
Richard454
Le Mans Master

That's very neat, thank you Richard.
I use to think I'm pretty sleek when it comes to online searching, but I have to admit I've found my match. I couldn't find one at a decent price on Ebay.
One thing that could be worrying for a regular setup is the ground. If it's build how I think it's built, the switching occurs on the ground side of the device, otherwise it would just require splicing the 12v wire.
So, for car like the Vette, that use the common ground for the lights, that wouldn't work.
Hopefully, on my setup I still have the choice to route the ground wire somewhere before I let them plug into the chassis.
Ordering now.
My trick to search is google image- type in a few words- look at the pics- and if it's now showing what I want- I replace words till I am there.

It's really easy on these cars to isolate the ground- especially since the metal taillight housing is isolated via fiberglass-

I wired my housings using the Packard weatherpack 4 conductor off the modules. Ground-Park-Turn-brake. So for me, I'd need some more wires to do this piece- But toying w/ idea of putting a flushmount LED bar on my rollbar -which would be a no brainer.

Didn't ground anything to the frame- I homerunned it all the the battery-even though tests I've seen done(big stereo systems) the chassis is a better ground- discounting it was done on new cars...but these LEDs pull very little power.

AND if you are going to do a PWM control you'll definitely want to isolate the ground- I'm running a PWM to slow down the speed on the "Plate" motor so it's a moot point

The way yours is going to run- isolating the brake would really be easy-one module could control all the brake halos.

AND thanks to you- I'm also looking at making a cover underneath the back...

Richard

DSCN4707 by richardhayes454, on Flickr

Quick Reply: Brainstorming a vented rear bumper cover