Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 05:58 AM
SB64
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 796 Likes on 620 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06FEVER
Roger,
Thank you for the comments on this thread. It has been challenging building this car. I looked at your thread and you seem to be doing very well. I notice that you have some rust issues with your windshield. That will be quite difficult to get right with sealing your t tops. I know that I have had to shim my t tops a lot to get them to seal the weatherstrip. I hope that project goes easy for you. I will keep an eye on your project and give any advice I have from this project. Good luck on your build, it looks great!!!!
Rich
Thanks Rich, I agree the windshield was unexpected and will be difficult to fix. Hopefully I can make it right. Your project is truly amazing. Everything you are doing is just beautiful. I know it's not easy but your experience sure makes it look that way. Not being your first restore I am sure helps. Keep up the great work and keep the pics coming.
Roger
Old 10-18-2014, 09:25 PM
Z06FEVER
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are my sidepipes installed. OBX is a great product! Had to grind the flanges for clearance on the lower head bolts. The flanges are thick and the pipes fit wonderful. Had to only knock in one pipe that was hardly touching the driver side frame. I have used other brands and had to adjust much more than these. The welds are extremely nice and I highly recommend them for the price of $650. I also have my serpentine kit finally done. It fits great!!!

Old 10-18-2014, 11:14 PM
SB64
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Here are my sidepipes installed. OBX is a great product! Had to grind the flanges for clearance on the lower head bolts. The flanges are thick and the pipes fit wonderful. Had to only knock in one pipe that was hardly touching the driver side frame. I have used other brands and had to adjust much more than these. The welds are extremely nice and I highly recommend them for the price of $650. I also have my serpentine kit finally done. It fits great!!!

Man that looks awesome Rich, really nice. The engine, pipes, color.

Roger
Old 10-19-2014, 12:46 AM
Z06FEVER
Instructor

Thanks Roger for the compliments! I hope to have this thing started in a few months and ready to drive in the spring. I still have to do all the interior and finish up some odds and ends. I have to do an alignment as well so hopefully that goes well. I plan to do that at home. I will keep posting pics of progress.

Rich
Old 10-19-2014, 10:18 AM
TXTopgear
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amazing work, you are very talented. Please post a video of the engine running when you can.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:01 PM
Vettereturned
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by TXTopgear
Amazing work, you are very talented. Please post a video of the engine running when you can.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:46 PM
Z06FEVER
Instructor

Originally Posted by TXTopgear
Originally Posted by Vettereturned
Will do guys and thank you for the comments, I am really proud of her (Annie is her name)!! I hope to have her up and running in a month! I ordered my radiator and have to reupholster my seats and put the interior in. I want to get everything installed in the interior to start it because I want to have the gauges installed and working. It should be all downhill from here I hope.
Old 11-09-2014, 10:37 PM
Z06FEVER
Instructor

I have been doing the interior and I am updating with some pictures. The interior has been a real challenge!

Old 11-10-2014, 06:16 AM
SB64
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

I have been doing the interior and I am updating with some pictures. The interior has been a real challenge!

The interior is so small it makes things even harder to do . The carpets look like they cam out real nice. Who did you wind up using for your carpets. Everything else is coming along. Nice. Any tips for those of us heading in the same direction??
Roger
Old 11-10-2014, 08:37 AM
Cavu2u
Melting Slicks

Received 125 Likes on 105 Posts

If the rest of your restoration turns out half as good as that console looks, you will have done a terrific job here!
Outstanding!
Old 11-10-2014, 12:51 PM
Z06FEVER
Instructor

Originally Posted by rvzio
The interior is so small it makes things even harder to do . The carpets look like they cam out real nice. Who did you wind up using for your carpets. Everything else is coming along. Nice. Any tips for those of us heading in the same direction??
Roger
Roger,

Yes it was such a tight space to work in and very frustrating in the rear compartment. The carpet is through Corvette America and the manufacture is ACC Auto Custom Carpets. They did an excellent job making the carpet. The pre molded spots were exactly where they should be and they allowed a little extra so nothing was short. The carpet is Made in USA. I would use that company for carpet.

Rich
Old 11-10-2014, 12:55 PM
SB64
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Roger,

Yes it was such a tight space to work in and very frustrating in the rear compartment. The carpet is through Corvette America and the manufacture is ACC Auto Custom Carpets. They did an excellent job making the carpet. The pre molded spots were exactly where they should be and they allowed a little extra so nothing was short. The carpet is Made in USA. I would use that company for carpet.

Rich
Good to know Rich, can't wait until I am up to that point, I think. Bending like a pretzel in tight quarters.. Still looking forward to that part.
R
Old 11-10-2014, 03:34 PM
Cavu2u
Melting Slicks

I concur. ACC have great carpets, still at reasonable prices.

Steve
Old 11-10-2014, 05:33 PM
Z06FEVER
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cavu2u
I concur. ACC have great carpets, still at reasonable prices.

Steve
Old 11-16-2014, 11:44 PM
Z06FEVER
Instructor

Update:

I got the engine started and broken in this weekend. She runs very strong and was able to move on her own power. I still need to do an alignment so I didn't drive it yet. I have been studying how to do an at home alignment which doesn't seem too bad. I have two pictures of her after I pulled it out the garage. This winter I will reupholster the seats and finish the interior.

Old 11-17-2014, 05:16 AM
Cavu2u
Melting Slicks

Nice!
Coming along great!

Yeah, driving it around right now would be a bit too refreshing anyway.

Steve
Old 11-17-2014, 05:53 AM
SB64
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Nice!
Coming along great!

Steve
Nice , looking great, what no wipers.
Roger

Get notified of new replies

To 1970 Corvette Restoration

Old 11-19-2014, 11:37 AM
Z06FEVER
Instructor

Nice!
Coming along great!

Steve
Thanks Steve! I have the windshield scheduled for install Saturday so that should take care of that issue
Old 11-19-2014, 11:40 AM
Z06FEVER
Instructor

Originally Posted by rvzio
Nice , looking great, what no wipers.
Roger
Roger,

Windshield will be in Saturday and I am finishing up the alignment this week. I am hoping if the weather holds out, I can at least drive it for a moment. I am having trouble with my tach not working. I can spin the cable and it turns. I looked at the cable end that goes into the distributor and its rounded so I am hoping a new cable will solve the issue. I really dont want to take my distributor apart and put in new gears. Hopefully the gears are in working order.

Rich
Old 11-19-2014, 12:33 PM
SB64
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Roger,

Windshield will be in Saturday and I am finishing up the alignment this week. I am hoping if the weather holds out, I can at least drive it for a moment. I am having trouble with my tach not working. I can spin the cable and it turns. I looked at the cable end that goes into the distributor and its rounded so I am hoping a new cable will solve the issue. I really dont want to take my distributor apart and put in new gears. Hopefully the gears are in working order.

Rich
Your right it would be nice to just replace the tach inside cable then the distributor. Good luck We'll be watching.
R

Quick Reply: 1970 Corvette Restoration