C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

73 factory anti-theft wiring photo needed - I have the cylinder but no wiring

Old 08-04-2014, 04:59 PM
Bocaguru
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 73 factory anti-theft wiring photo needed - I have the cylinder but no wiring

Trying to restore the factory anti-theft system on my 73 convertible. I have the original cylinder in the rear panel, but there is no wiring attached. I've looked at diagrams, but hard to determine how it is hooked up? Does anyone have a photo of the wiring from the cylinder as it looks installed? Thanks for any help.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:02 PM
Blue73Shark
Burning Brakes

Received 186 Likes on 133 Posts

On my 73, two yellow wires connect to the cylinder. Theses yellow wires are each spliced to rose colored (maybe dirty tan) wires coming out of the harness.
[/URL]

Let me know if you need other pics. Good luck.
Fran

Last edited by Blue73Shark; 08-04-2014 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Bubba may have done some wiring on my car
Old 08-04-2014, 08:28 PM
GRipp 73
Burning Brakes

Received 82 Likes on 64 Posts

You mean that keyhole isn't to open the trunk? With my last '73 I was told that if I didn't open the trunk then my car wasn't allowed to be on the show field. (before I go any further in the story, I told him it was the alarm system and not a trunk) I handed my keys over to the guy and said "good luck". He turned and turned, and drew a good crowd and someone asked him what he was trying to do. When he told them, there was quiet a good laugh from the people around and he got a few more "those Corvette's don't have trunks".

Sorry, I am no help and I have no pictures to share, my current '73 doesn't even have the key tumbler in the rear!

Get notified of new replies

To 73 factory anti-theft wiring photo needed - I have the cylinder but no wiring

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 73 factory anti-theft wiring photo needed - I have the cylinder but no wiring