Sponsored by:

gas and brake pedal minor upgrade....looks

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 07:58 PM
76CSRvette
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default gas and brake pedal minor upgrade....looks

So I did this mod a couple months back nothing major just 4 looks. So my brake pedal pad was worn on the inside so I decided to hop in the vette and take a drive to my local vette store (j and d) to buy a new one while I was looking at their catalog I noticed the early c3s had chrome trim around so I asked Woody if I can add the trim to my 76 he said the brake is the same but it won't fit on gas pedal because they are different so I asked to see both gas pedals for early and mid. I asked if I can swap em he said sure I don't see why not. So I bought both pedals pads and trim went home. brake pedal was a piece of cake threw trim on top bent the tabs done. The gas pedal was a Lil tricky because it had a little spring type thingy in back but I pulled pin and just tried to get it in there as good as I can in the cramped Lil space down there with the heat and black interior baking me but like 20 minutes later I was done maybe quicker and here were the results instant upgrade. Not that anyone would notice it but me or that a lot of people will know how it is not correct for my year. It still braked and accelerated the same so no performance upgrade but overall I think it looks clean. I also got a can of restoleum flat black and painted the arms to the rusty look off the car. It's a simple upgrade just thought I might share I should of taking pics of process while I was doing it but was a little over excited to do it. Also wasn't a budget breaker as I was going to change pads anyways just a Lil extra for the trim pieces. This is more for the 73 and up guys
Thanks hope you fella like it
Attached Images   

Last edited by 76CSRvette; 08-28-2014 at 01:12 AM.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:10 PM
MrJlr
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

That looks really nice!
HUGE improvement

Got love the little details!

Old 08-17-2014, 08:13 PM
early shark
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice touch. 1971 was the last model to still have these nice features. Chrome plated plastic pulls for the astro ventilation ***** is another nice touch.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:19 PM
76CSRvette
Burning Brakes

thanks guys
the pulls for vents are they easy to change. I'm a look into getting them. pretty sure those are for early years only too.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:15 PM
rajin cajin
Pro

Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

Very nice... Anyone remember those big chrome bare foot (complete with toes) gas pedals. I haven't seen one in years.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:22 PM
76CSRvette
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rajin cajin
Very nice... Anyone remember those big chrome bare foot (complete with toes) gas pedals. I haven't seen one in years.
old school
Old 08-17-2014, 09:46 PM
JagNorb
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 76CSRvette
So I did this mod a couple months back nothing major just 4 looks. So my brake pedal pad was worn on the inside so I decided to hop in the vette and take a drive to my local vette store (j and d) to buy I knew one while I was looking at their catalog I noticed the early c3s had chrome trim around so I asked Woody if I can add the trim to my 76 he said the brake is the same but it won't fit on gas pedal because they are different so I asked to see both gas pedals for early and mid. I asked if I can swap em he said sure I don't see why not. So I bought both pedals pads and trim went home. brake pedal was a piece of cake threw trim on top bent the tabs done. The gas pedal was a Lil tricky because it had a little spring type thingy in back but I pulled pin and just tried to get it in there as good as I can in the cramped Lil space down there with the heat and black interior baking me but like 20 minutes later I was done maybe quicker and here were the results instant upgrade. Not that anyone would notice it but me or that a lot of people will know how it is not correct for my year. It still braked and accelerated the same so no performance upgrade but overall I think it looks clean. I also got a can of restoleum flat black and painted the arms to the rusty look off the car. It's a simple upgrade just thought I might share I should of taking pics of process while I was doing it but was a little over excited to do it. Also wasn't a budget breaker as I was going to change pads anyways just a Lil extra for the trim pieces. This is more for the 73 and up guys
Old 08-17-2014, 10:41 PM
doorgunner
Nam Labrat

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,173 Likes on 2,735 Posts

outstanding!
Old 08-17-2014, 11:51 PM
79CalShark
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I did this mod a couple months back nothing major just 4 looks. So my brake pedal pad was worn on the inside so I decided to hop in the vette and take a drive to my local vette store (j and d) to buy I knew one while I was looking at their catalog I noticed the early c3s had chrome trim around so I asked Woody if I can add the trim to my 76 he said the brake is the same but it won't fit on gas pedal because they are different so I asked to see both gas pedals for early and mid. I asked if I can swap em he said sure I don't see why not. So I bought both pedals pads and trim went home. brake pedal was a piece of cake threw trim on top bent the tabs done. The gas pedal was a Lil tricky because it had a little spring type thingy in back but I pulled pin and just tried to get it in there as good as I can in the cramped Lil space down there with the heat and black interior baking me but like 20 minutes later I was done maybe quicker and here were the results instant upgrade. Not that anyone would notice it but me or that a lot of people will know how it is not correct for my year. It still braked and accelerated the same so no performance upgrade but overall I think it looks clean. I also got a can of restoleum flat black and painted the arms to the rusty look off the car. It's a simple upgrade just thought I might share I should of taking pics of process while I was doing it but was a little over excited to do it. Also wasn't a budget breaker as I was going to change pads anyways just a Lil extra for the trim pieces. This is more for the 73 and up guys
Hey, I too bought the trim from Woody last summer, when I replaced my brake pads, loved the upgrade.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:37 PM
76CSRvette
Burning Brakes

Yeah cool people there. Thanks fellas
Old 08-23-2014, 11:08 PM
Peterbuilt
Le Mans Master

Received 1,244 Likes on 965 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Default A little BLING never hurts!

I like your upgrade!
Liked is so much I ordered a set.
They just came today and not installed yet.
I was doing a search for a clue on how to remove the gas pedal pin and your post came up.

Thanks, Pete.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:40 AM
76CSRvette
Burning Brakes

It's pretty easy to remove pin just get down there and pull some small pliers would help. I don't remember being that hard it was just being on the floor and heat. and getting that lil spring and push pedal toward bar to put pin back in.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:48 AM
76CSRvette
Burning Brakes

heres pic hope it helps
Attached Images  
Old 08-24-2014, 08:43 AM
daanbc
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I've been leaning towards doing this for a while. You made the decision easy for me now. Thanks, looks great. Where can I find the chrome pulls for the A/C vents? Thats another great idea. I am also replacing my plastic door pulls with the old Chrome handle ones. They need a little modification to work, but it is doable. Just got to ground down the backs where it inserts into door panels a bit.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:45 PM
76CSRvette
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by daanbc
I've been leaning towards doing this for a while. You made the decision easy for me now. Thanks, looks great. Where can I find the chrome pulls for the A/C vents? Thats another great idea. I am also replacing my plastic door pulls with the old Chrome handle ones. They need a little modification to work, but it is doable. Just got to ground down the backs where it inserts into door panels a bit.
can you post pictures or door pulls and info on them
Old 08-25-2014, 09:40 AM
daanbc
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

When I'm done i will. They are actually 1966 door pulls. But you will need to place the left one on the right, and visa versa, after you shave/ground down the backs where the screws slide in.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:29 PM
76CSRvette
Burning Brakes

Thanks greatly appreciated I just looked them up pretty nice looking

Get notified of new replies

To gas and brake pedal minor upgrade....looks

Old 08-26-2014, 05:13 PM
daanbc
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

Here are some pics. Not finished yet. I still want to take a little more off so they fit flush. You can see how much I took off in width and height.

Old 08-26-2014, 05:14 PM
daanbc
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

Some more:

Old 08-26-2014, 07:57 PM
76CSRvette
Burning Brakes

dam they look good and more sturdy. Did you use a dremel tool or belt sander to grind down

Quick Reply: gas and brake pedal minor upgrade....looks