Sponsored by:

Looking for help

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 11:49 AM
cknorr28
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for help

Can anybody in the Red Lion, PA area recommend a garage or person that is familiar with C3's to tell me what may be making a noise in the rear of my car. The half shafts have been replaced and the rear-end was looked at and I was told that it was fine. The only thing that is not stock is the strut rod on the drivers side. The PO installed an adjustable strut and that is the side where the noise is. It sounds like the tire is rubbing inside the wheel well but the tires have no rub marks. I'm afraid to take it any long distance. It is a 74. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by cknorr28; 08-25-2014 at 11:58 AM.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:50 AM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,606 Posts

Have you tried contacting a local Corvette club? Do you have the stock tire size? Do you have the stock wheel size? You see no wear marks on the inside of the wheel or the brake caliper? Is the wheel resting on the ground without the top of the tire angling noticeably in?
Old 08-29-2014, 11:29 AM
cknorr28
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MelWff
Have you tried contacting a local Corvette club? Do you have the stock tire size? Do you have the stock wheel size? You see no wear marks on the inside of the wheel or the brake caliper? Is the wheel resting on the ground without the top of the tire angling noticeably in?
I have not tried the local club. From what I have seen most of the cars are newer. Yes Sir everything is stock in size. Yes Sir it is resting on the ground and the tires are not angling in. I had everything aligned earlier this year after we did some some work to the passenger side strut rod and shock mount.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:57 PM
FINWOLF
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by cknorr28
Can anybody in the Red Lion, PA area recommend a garage or person that is familiar with C3's to tell me what may be making a noise in the rear of my car. The half shafts have been replaced and the rear-end was looked at and I was told that it was fine. The only thing that is not stock is the strut rod on the drivers side. The PO installed an adjustable strut and that is the side where the noise is. It sounds like the tire is rubbing inside the wheel well but the tires have no rub marks. I'm afraid to take it any long distance. It is a 74. Thanks for your help.
you are way west of me in pa the guy I use and he is great is the vette shop 215 322 9590 to far to go but maybe he can help you with some body out there. http://www.corvetterestorationpa.com/
Old 08-29-2014, 01:18 PM
briankeery
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by FINWOLF
you are way west of me in pa the guy I use and he is great is the vette shop 215 322 9590 to far to go but maybe he can help you with some body out there. http://www.corvetterestorationpa.com/

Now that looks like a shop I'd like to pay a visit to.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:57 PM
FINWOLF
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by briankeery
Now that looks like a shop I'd like to pay a visit to.
I have been dealing with him for 12 years now he does top notch work. works on them all c1 on up. for me its a 10 mile ride. some times I just stop in to see what he has in the shop. The nice think he will advise you if you need help.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for help

Quick Reply: Looking for help