C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

almost ready to drive... window regulator problem?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 10:29 AM
yellowC3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP PLEASE ! window relay problem?

Just got tons and tons of work done to the car, its a 76 , i have the window motors and all the wiring plugged in, when i try and roll the windows down now i just hear a tiny click from the can relay, is there any way i can just bypass this to check the issue or could it be something else?? The window motors themselves go up and down no problem when you test them with raw 12volts. Any help I'd really appreciate it.
thank you corvette forum.

Last edited by yellowC3; 08-27-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:11 PM
garym52
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry, re-read your post and it sounds like you already did everything I suggested....deleted my previous post. That said, you can probably pick up the relay pretty cheap at a local auto parts. That's where I would start.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:09 PM
yellowC3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i appreciate the responce anyway!

I jumped the relay, windows do work so that means the relay is not working at the moment. Does the relay need to be grounded? I have it bolted to the fiberglass heater housing maybe thats my problem?

I appreciate any help , thanks guys !
Old 08-29-2014, 03:38 PM
garym52
Racer

Originally Posted by yellowC3
I have it bolted to the fiberglass heater housing maybe thats my problem?
In regards to grounding, I don't think the relay needs to bolted to to the chasis to be grounded so the fiberglass heater housing should not be the problem. I know that the ac blower relay is bolted to the fiberglass housing under the hood....kinda sounds like where you are talking about.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:52 PM
garym52
Racer

Originally Posted by garym52
In regards to grounding, I don't think the relay needs to bolted to to the chasis to be grounded so the fiberglass heater housing should not be the problem. I know that the ac blower relay is bolted to the fiberglass housing under the hood....kinda sounds like where you are talking about.
http://www.ecklerscorvette.com/asset...ette/29300.jpg

Ok, go look at this picture on the ecklers site. It shows that the relay is being grounded to the chasis along with the rear window defog ground wire....looks like that might be your problem after all. good luck and let me know how it turns out.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:11 PM
Snoopysvet
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Mine would not go up or down because the factory lubricant had hardended. I pulled the tracks out of the door, cleaned them with brake fluid and a wire brush. Lubed them with white lithium grease and now they work like a charm

Get notified of new replies

To almost ready to drive... window regulator problem?

Quick Reply: almost ready to drive... window regulator problem?