Sponsored by:

Hello

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 05:08 PM
ESAD
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello

As Title says Hello !! I have logged onto this site with the sole purpose of getting some info for a 76 corvette, its for sale here and asking price is 750.00 Dollars, no motor, tranny, interior, tires.... just a frame and body, it was a base line motor that was in it and probably had the th350 in it... pass door is off the vehicle as well...if I got it I would do a complete rebuild and am only interested in positive feed back or honest feed back...thanks in advance
Old 08-28-2014, 07:33 PM
929nitro
Melting Slicks

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Check the frame and birdcage for rot. If they are good sounds like you have a clean canvas to make yours with a lot of work.��
Old 08-28-2014, 07:47 PM
briankeery
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Good Luck.........Sincerely
Old 08-28-2014, 08:33 PM
76CSRvette
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

welcome
restomod...cool
read this
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-corvette.html
Old 08-28-2014, 09:21 PM
doorgunner
Nam Labrat

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,175 Likes on 2,737 Posts

Welcome to the Forum....I have learned much about Corvettes since joining and will learn much more about my project-car.

Check the title and registration to make sure they are current and that the VIN number on the title matches the Vin number on the metal I.D. plate that is riveted onto the car!

Call the DMV in your area/let them check the VIN # in their computer system to make sure the car was never stolen and that there are NO LIENS against the vehicle.

Verify with them that you can receive a "clear title" and license plate(s) in your name before you buy any car.

I hope it all works out well for you!
Old 08-28-2014, 09:33 PM
Alan 71
Team Owner

Received 2,878 Likes on 2,515 Posts

Hi ESAD,
You need to be careful buying a very incomplete car. Buying parts to finish a car, especially interior and trim parts, and the myriad of other parts needed, can very easily and quickly put you in a position where you'll have more money and work in a car than it will ever be worth.
This isn't so bad if the car is one that you really want and like, but is pretty disheartening if it's a car you sort of 'fell into' but don't really care about.
You have to remember $750 buys VERY LITTLE of a running, driving, presentable, Corvette. You might well be wise to spend a couple of thousand dollars more for a needy, but complete, car.
Good Luck!
Regards,
Alan

Get notified of new replies

To Hello

Quick Reply: Hello