Sponsored by:

Barn Find: 1968-1973 corvette

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 10:06 PM
Brandons72vette
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 76CSRvette
chrome bumper vette = more girlfriends especially if he's in prep school just saying I got a corvette makes the ladies go crazy. I'm still waiting on them pics.
In college, my dad's newer '69 (when the C3 was new) held 5 ladies at once. In my '72, I have held 4. I do plan to at least match my dad's old record sometime.

Either way you look at, don't push him away from the hobby (Assuming that the post is legit..which I am not doubting it..yet.) as when you look at most kids their age these days don't even know what a C3 is. He does, and he wants one. If he wants one, let him have one. Anything sitting out for a long time will need work, that is airplanes, houses, boats, cars, lawn equipment, etc. I think he knows that the car will need a lot of work, how much…well… the pictures will tell a lot. He has already started out with post on the CF, which is wise. Either way, he is willing to spend "his" time and money to attempt to bring a C3 back to life. Assuming he was serious, then be proud that such a youngster is interested in our hobby and wants in on our passion for the Corvette C3.

I am for him getting it, or a project car as most kids these days just play their games, and social media…or worse…drugs.

I was 15 when I got my '72. So I was even younger than he was. If I can do it, he probably will too.
I'll remain supportive until given a reason not to.

Last edited by Brandons72vette; 08-29-2014 at 10:14 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:59 PM
shreddzor
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I'll make sure to take pictures tomorrow. Anyways to all the people wondering, I already have a car (G37 Coupe [330 HP]), this would be my second car and maybe a work in progress. If I cannot make it run after a while I'll just put it up on craigslist sold "as is" and yes I have the money to work on the car if I choose to get my hands dirty. Anyways I'm just a teenager that loves both classic cars and modern cars and hope to own many cars as I grow older, but my real passion is modern and especially classic Italian and German cars and also love Japanese 70s & 90s sports cars, sorry guys but I hate american cars if you exclude classic corvettes and mustang fastbacks.

How my current car looks like (NOT my exact car, the same model off of google images)

Last edited by shreddzor; 08-29-2014 at 11:03 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:01 PM
briankeery
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Seriously..........seek help.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:03 PM
76CSRvette
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

where in los angeles is that at
Old 08-29-2014, 11:39 PM
69Pman
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

As fun as it is to bash this guy…
Please take pictures, not just the overall "fun views", but of the detailed ones. Take pics of the interior, exterior, close ups of everything in between and underneath, under the hood as much as over the hood, etc. If you think taking a pic of something might be pointless, take the pic anyway and post it. I guarantee someone will find something here on the forum that will end up helping you out.
However, you best be ready to dish out the money for the car you are describing, especially for the money that's been agreed upon for final sale. And if it's been sitting outside for all these years…best get a bank that will allow a mortgage to be taken out in the name of restoration.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:15 AM
dmaxx3500
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,183 Likes on 748 Posts

ha,lets help this kid out,we should all send him a dollar,
Old 08-30-2014, 12:31 AM
chvet73
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When he posts a picture of this car, I'll believe his story. Otherwise I see this as a bored person with nothing better to do.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:19 AM
nwav8tor
Old Fart Pilot
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 344 Likes on 206 Posts

How can it be a "Barn Find" if it's just sitting under a tree?

A tree does not a barn make (or something like that).

Anyway, we need pics!

Paul
Old 08-30-2014, 03:25 AM
76CSRvette
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

figuratively speaking "(barn tree warehouse backyard etc.)"
Old 08-30-2014, 03:32 AM
hpxt
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Last edited by hpxt; 09-03-2014 at 02:01 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:24 AM
1996Z15
Melting Slicks

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

As much as I'd like to give the kid the benefit of the doubt I have to call BS on the whole story. The reason being, he can't even post a picture of a car he claims to own; instead he posts some photo of a similar G35.

I hope he proves us all wrong and gets the Corvette but, until I see pictures of the actual car(s) I am not convinced.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:40 AM
Bad Bird
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This story smells fishy...
Old 08-30-2014, 08:47 AM
3JsVette
Race Director

Received 2,490 Likes on 1,644 Posts

Come on prove all us skeptics wrong............
Old 08-30-2014, 08:49 AM
Ontario73
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I tend to agree with the above comment since the OP can't post a photo of their current pride and joy. What 'kid' wouldn't have a dozen pictures of their toy?

An experience many years ago, on a different forum, makes me a little hesitant to call him out on it however. On a very friendly Dodge truck forum we had an annoying kid that would post every day about his dreams and plans for his dad's old truck, but, never seemed to actually do anything or was he able to post any actual pictures, etc. It went on for months, with many users making fun of him and such. Suddenly he stopped posting until a few weeks went by and the forum admin received an e-mail from someone who identified themselves as his father. It seems this kid had been wheel chair bound since birth with a genetic defect. The truck he had dreamed about was parked beside the barn and the kid could see it out his window. He has passed away and his father wanted to share his story and how much the kid had enjoyed his "friends" on the forum in his last days! You just never know.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:07 AM
F22
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 211 Posts

I tried to give the benefit of the doubt, but here in LA, unless.it's a POS, muscle cars, Corvettes and exotics, don't sit in the driveway. The old man, who supposedly owned it, would've been bugged about it a thousand times annually and would be sick of people asking about it. They either cover it, or hide it in the garage or backyard. That's the typical situation around here. As an example, my brother and his wife, live in an ritzy, old money neighborhood and their senior citizen neighbors across the street are pretty strange. The neighbors, have two MB's that have sat a long time in the driveway, years, even, but supposedly, they also have a Pantera, collecting decades of dust in the garage as well. Now, that's something, I'd like to see-salivate over-get-my-hands-on-it, kind of dream! Oh well, the kid can dream, just don't BS, the BS'rs!
Old 08-30-2014, 11:03 AM
augiedoggy
Safety Car

Received 829 Likes on 661 Posts

I remember there was a kid in a mustang forum years back who was was obviously green behind the ears with owning a car and some forum smartass told him the best way to flush the sludge out of his engine was to drain and run it with water in it for 10 minutes.... Well he did and destroyed the engine of course... everyone took it for granted when playing along that the kid was in on the joke but he wasn't....
It was pretty messed up.
That being said wasn't there another kid last week whos grandma was giving him a late 70's vette that she she supposedly handed 40k over to someone to "restore" but he never did.... either someone was exaggerating quite a bit or was very stupid there...
Old 08-30-2014, 11:05 AM
augiedoggy
Safety Car

Received 829 Likes on 661 Posts

Originally Posted by Ontario73
I tend to agree with the above comment since the OP can't post a photo of their current pride and joy. What 'kid' wouldn't have a dozen pictures of their toy?

An experience many years ago, on a different forum, makes me a little hesitant to call him out on it however. On a very friendly Dodge truck forum we had an annoying kid that would post every day about his dreams and plans for his dad's old truck, but, never seemed to actually do anything or was he able to post any actual pictures, etc. It went on for months, with many users making fun of him and such. Suddenly he stopped posting until a few weeks went by and the forum admin received an e-mail from someone who identified themselves as his father. It seems this kid had been wheel chair bound since birth with a genetic defect. The truck he had dreamed about was parked beside the barn and the kid could see it out his window. He has passed away and his father wanted to share his story and how much the kid had enjoyed his "friends" on the forum in his last days! You just never know.
The "dodgeforum.com"? Ive spent a lot of time there...

Get notified of new replies

To Barn Find: 1968-1973 corvette

Old 08-30-2014, 11:11 AM
c3_dk
Safety Car

Received 381 Likes on 294 Posts

When you have uploaded pictures, then I would send you a lollypop :- )
Old 08-30-2014, 11:33 AM
chstitans42
TheCorvetteBen
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 136 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by shreddzor
Ok, I'll make sure to take pictures tomorrow. Anyways to all the people wondering, I already have a car (G37 Coupe [330 HP]), this would be my second car and maybe a work in progress. If I cannot make it run after a while I'll just put it up on craigslist sold "as is" and yes I have the money to work on the car if I choose to get my hands dirty. Anyways I'm just a teenager that loves both classic cars and modern cars and hope to own many cars as I grow older, but my real passion is modern and especially classic Italian and German cars and also love Japanese 70s & 90s sports cars, sorry guys but I hate american cars if you exclude classic corvettes and mustang fastbacks.
Lets leave this Corvette to someone who appreciates them. Must be nice to have your parents buy you a brand new infinity. I know numerous families that wish they could afford such a nice car. In my experience, when kids are given things like this, they don't appreciate them half as much as if they worked for them. Im sorry, but If I saw a 16 year old pull up in this and ask to buy my vette I would say no. I fyou have never turned wrenches, and have no one around to help, you might be a little over your head when it comes to a c3, especially one in the condition you describe.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:27 PM
tokim
Burning Brakes

Received 114 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by c3_dk
When you have uploaded pictures, then I would send you a lollypop :- )
Apparently your lollypops are safe.

Quick Reply: Barn Find: 1968-1973 corvette