C3 General General C3 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4 Post Lift dealer/installer in the Nashville, TN area?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 05:32 PM
SonnyAK
Melting Slicks

Received 676 Likes on 412 Posts

Default 4 Post Lift dealer/installer in the Nashville, TN area?

I'm thinking about purchasing a 4 Post lift and was wondering if anyone had any experience with companies in the Nashville area? I'd love to have it delivered and installed since I won't be in town very long...any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-01-2014, 07:32 PM
Pops Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SonnyAK
I'm thinking about purchasing a 4 Post lift and was wondering if anyone had any experience with companies in the Nashville area? I'd love to have it delivered and installed since I won't be in town very long...any info would be appreciated. Thanks
I used Garage Equipment Supply to purchase my lift.....They contacted manufacturer and set up my install. Total cost here in Baltimore 800 for delivery and install. Glad I let them do it they needed (and supplied) a forklift to unload from their trailer and to position the runways. Good luck with your search....
Old 09-01-2014, 11:24 PM
SonnyAK
Melting Slicks

Received 676 Likes on 412 Posts

Thanks for the info...I appreciate it. Do they have local stores or do they set up the install with someone and then ship the unit to them, so they can bring it and put it up?
Old 09-02-2014, 04:19 PM
widowmaker221
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Pops Racer
I used Garage Equipment Supply to purchase my lift.....They contacted manufacturer and set up my install. Total cost here in Baltimore 800 for delivery and install. Glad I let them do it they needed (and supplied) a forklift to unload from their trailer and to position the runways. Good luck with your search....
Small world, I'm in the Dena too! ha ha
Old 09-02-2014, 07:35 PM
Pops Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by SonnyAK
Thanks for the info...I appreciate it. Do they have local stores or do they set up the install with someone and then ship the unit to them, so they can bring it and put it up?
I asked around a lot and everyone kept recommending Bend Pak. I contacted Bend Pak about what I thought I wanted and they set it up with Garage Equipment Supply. GES quoted total cost then went back to Bend Pak about local installers. I believe BP contacted installer for quote on install cost. GES then called me with total including install. It took 2 guys a little over 5 hours start to finish but they install about 10 a week. The stuff is heavy and awkward. It could be moved with an engine hoist but ya better have a real good knowledge of rigging. If you are planning putting a newer model Vette on it trade up for the extended ramps when you order.....Good luck....
Old 09-02-2014, 07:36 PM
Pops Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by widowmaker221
Small world, I'm in the Dena too! ha ha
LOL...lotta vettes in the Dena
Old 09-04-2014, 12:40 PM
Sklaris
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I asked around a lot and everyone kept recommending Bend Pak. I contacted Bend Pak about what I thought I wanted and they set it up with Garage Equipment Supply. GES quoted total cost then went back to Bend Pak about local installers. I believe BP contacted installer for quote on install cost. GES then called me with total including install. It took 2 guys a little over 5 hours start to finish but they install about 10 a week. The stuff is heavy and awkward. It could be moved with an engine hoist but ya better have a real good knowledge of rigging. If you are planning putting a newer model Vette on it trade up for the extended ramps when you order.....Good luck....
What hoist did you get and what was the price of installation, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 09-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Pops Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Sklaris
What hoist did you get and what was the price of installation, if you don't mind me asking?
Bendpak HD9......Delivery and install was 800.00.....
Old 09-05-2014, 10:10 AM
Sklaris
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bendpak HD9......Delivery and install was 800.00.....
Thanks for this insight. That sounds like a great deal for both delivery and installation.

Did this require modifications to your garage door? Although I have the height in the garage, I would also need to rework the lifting of the garage door.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:49 AM
Pops Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Sklaris
Thanks for this insight. That sounds like a great deal for both delivery and installation.

Did this require modifications to your garage door? Although I have the height in the garage, I would also need to rework the lifting of the garage door.
I have 10 ft ceiling height and the building is 32 ft long.I just shifted the lift forward a little and still have room for a workbench/shelving unit. My garage door tracks are close to the ceiling but if I needed to they could go up a little but everything clears as is.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:47 PM
jacobsed
Racer

Think a C3 would need the extended ramps? I'm looking at a HD-9XW.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:22 PM
Pops Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by jacobsed
Think a C3 would need the extended ramps? I'm looking at a HD-9XW.
You will probably be ok with the standard ramps....C3 is like a monster truck compared to the C6 for ground clearance.....
Old 09-01-2018, 10:07 PM
Ernie Brewbaker
Heel & Toe

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking for a 4 post lift to store and work on my C3 & C7. Any ideas in the Middle TN areas?

Get notified of new replies

To 4 Post Lift dealer/installer in the Nashville, TN area?

Quick Reply: 4 Post Lift dealer/installer in the Nashville, TN area?