Sponsored by:

82 col vette

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 12:53 AM
spotzie
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 82 col vette

Hi everyone....I could not get the original replacement parts I needed to repair my power antenna but I was able to solve my antenna problem for my 82 Col Vette by shipping the whole unit to Greg Thompson, 9701 W. 123rd St. Shawnee Mission KS, 66213, 913 681-8274. He rebuilt my whole power antenna, made it work again and shipped it back ready to re-install. It looks and works as original equipment. I recommend him to anyone who can not get the original replacement parts for their power antenna.
Now I have a different issue. My antenna now goes up and down when I turn the radio on and off just like it should, but my radio will not dial, scan or seek any channels both am or fm. Is this a problem with the antenna or my radio. The radio is the original digital am/fm/cassette/cb that came with the car. The only thing that shows on the screen is the time. No radio channels. The cassette deck works fine. I appreciate any thoughts or suggestions that anyone has. Thank You.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:02 PM
terry82
Le Mans Master

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts

the problem that you have sounds like you have a radio problem.to prove that its not the antenna ,disconnect antenna wire from the back of radio and see what happens.

Quick Reply: 82 col vette