Sponsored by:

Corvette dash and center console trim kits reviews

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 09:03 AM
scorpion18z
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Corvette dash and center console trim kits reviews

I am looking for reviews (Pro and Con) on the CORVETTE DASH AND CENTER CONSOLE TRIM KITS. I am interested in quality, ease of application and durability. I would like to see some pictures of a variety of custom dash and center console applications if possible to help me decide if I want to go that route. Vendor comments and pricing are welcome. I am trying to avoid the “cheap” imitations, but don’t want to “overpay” either. Thank you all in advance. By the way, I am working on a 1982 standard model corvette.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:46 AM
Brack c
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Default use hydrographing

Do what I did , find someone that does Hydrographics and you can get whatever pattern or style you're looking for . You use your original equipment so there's no problem with it fitting or not . On my 82 I went with a carbon fiber look .
Here's the link to all I've had done
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-general/3529643-carbon-fiber-hydographing.html
Old 09-18-2014, 09:51 AM
Brack c
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

This is what I did on my 82
Old 09-19-2014, 09:32 AM
scorpion18z
Racer

Thanks for the idea. It sounds great and I do have a contact in Orlando, FL., which is only 60 miles from me. I still would like to see some more pictures of "others" have done, but not getting any hits on my request.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:40 PM
Killingsworth 73
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scorpion18z
Thanks for the idea. It sounds great and I do have a contact in Orlando, FL., which is only 60 miles from me. I still would like to see some more pictures of "others" have done, but not getting any hits on my request.
I left the console alone and painted my door trim to add a little color.

Name:  20140824_103822.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  76.9 KB
Old 09-19-2014, 02:52 PM
terry82
Le Mans Master

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts

I got mine from corvette America https://1982corvette.shutterfly.com/pictures/265
Old 09-19-2014, 06:03 PM
briankeery
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I purchased my kit from Mid America Motorworks. I got the gauge cluster, centre console, and the tach/speedo templates in carbon fibre finish. The fit and finish was very good. The templates themselves were quite 'thick' and felt very sturdy. The alcohol swabs provided were more than adequate to clean all the surfaces, and the 3M adhesive tubes that came with the kits were easy to use and did a great job of securing all the parts. I'm very happy with the way it turned out, came in around $200.

Old 09-19-2014, 06:26 PM
scorpion18z
Racer

Originally Posted by briankeery
I purchased my kit from Mid America Motorworks. I got the gauge cluster, centre console, and the tach/speedo templates in carbon fibre finish. The fit and finish was very good. The templates themselves were quite 'thick' and felt very sturdy. The alcohol swabs provided were more than adequate to clean all the surfaces, and the 3M adhesive tubes that came with the kits were easy to use and did a great job of securing all the parts. I'm very happy with the way it turned out, came in around $200.

From your pictures, although I would like to see it in more detail without the glare, it looks good. I am still debating between the kits and hydrographics option for form and fit.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette dash and center console trim kits reviews

Quick Reply: Corvette dash and center console trim kits reviews