Sponsored by:

71 p/b master cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 12:35 PM
71 f/w driver
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default 71 p/b master cylinder

replaced my power brake master cylinder with the correct one. the one with the two(2) bleeders. I bleed it with a syringe while in a vise then mounted it the booster. Got to thinking that why didn't I just mount it and bleed it using the bleeders on the m/c and pump the brake pedal? Is this doable. I know it would take two people and many pumps at the pedal. And, if you wanted a one man operation, use those speed bleeders? Mike
Old 09-18-2014, 12:41 PM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,605 Posts

in the vise you would attach two hoses to the two bleeders and run them into the front and rear of the master below the fluid level. Pushing in on the master cylinder piston slowly would then bleed the air, you could do the same thing when mounted on the booster as long as the hoses are below the fluid you only need one person.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:54 PM
F22
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 211 Posts

Once you get the master installed, you're going to save yourself a lot of time, if you use a vacuum type bleeder. That's what we use at the shop. It pulls the fluid and bubbles out and you don't need anybody to pump the brakes, but simply to keep an eye on the brake fluid level.

Get notified of new replies

To 71 p/b master cylinder

Quick Reply: 71 p/b master cylinder