Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kill switch, remote jumper lugs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 07:03 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 645 Posts

Default Kill switch, remote jumper lugs?

Anyone have a kill switch and or remote jumper lugs on their C3?
I had a picture I can't find, it was a 68-72 set up for road race it had a kill switch and some jumper lugs on the rear seems under where the bumper would be,
Anyone have this or a picture?
Thanks!
Old 10-23-2014, 07:20 AM
73C34me
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 53 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I am interested to. I plan on installing a kill switch on the rear valance where the alarm key was.

Originally Posted by The13Bats
Anyone have a kill switch and or remote jumper lugs on their C3?
I had a picture I can't find, it was a 68-72 set up for road race it had a kill switch and some jumper lugs on the rear seems under where the bumper would be,
Anyone have this or a picture?
Thanks!
Old 10-23-2014, 09:20 AM
Gazehound
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put a kill switch in my 77. A simple toggle switch spliced in line to the power going to the HEI and hide the switch. Did this before in my Z28 and that saved it from being stolen. Flip the switch and no power to the HEI. It will turn over, but won't start. Its a pretty simple theft deterrent solution.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:50 AM
73C34me
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 53 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Modified

I have installed that type of ignition switch as well. I am thinking for an external switch for "track" compliance.
Originally Posted by Gazehound
I put a kill switch in my 77. A simple toggle switch spliced in line to the power going to the HEI and hide the switch. Did this before in my Z28 and that saved it from being stolen. Flip the switch and no power to the HEI. It will turn over, but won't start. Its a pretty simple theft deterrent solution.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:16 AM
Dustup7T2
Terrorizing Orange Cones
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Configuring and installing an ignition kill switch is el cheapo insurance to common forms of thuggery. It offers another level of protection that gives a little extra peace of mind, if you have to leave your prized set of wheels for a short period, like enjoying a meal with fellow C3 enthusiasts and the parking lot is out of sight.

You want to buy as much time for anyone not authorized, to try elsewhere for their jolly's. IMO, cranks but no start, is a step in the correct direction.

MSD has detailed theft deterrent instructions for their popular pn's 6201 or 6425, MSD 6A and 6AL products. You can visit their website (msdignition dot com) and freely download the instructions version 02/2014 pdf file for the 6201. Afterwards, click open the file and look on pg 6 for their details on "how-to". You don't have to operate their products to use the information; adding a hidden switch in series with the ignition-switch-side of the coil will do the trick.

Check it out.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:29 PM
kortensi
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dustup7T2
Configuring and installing an ignition kill switch is el cheapo insurance to common forms of thuggery. It offers another level of protection that gives a little extra peace of mind, if you have to leave your prized set of wheels for a short period, like enjoying a meal with fellow C3 enthusiasts and the parking lot is out of sight.

You want to buy as much time for anyone not authorized, to try elsewhere for their jolly's. IMO, cranks but no start, is a step in the correct direction.

MSD has detailed theft deterrent instructions for their popular pn's 6201 or 6425, MSD 6A and 6AL products. You can visit their website (msdignition dot com) and freely download the instructions version 02/2014 pdf file for the 6201. Afterwards, click open the file and look on pg 6 for their details on "how-to". You don't have to operate their products to use the information; adding a hidden switch in series with the ignition-switch-side of the coil will do the trick.

Check it out.
Thanks for the details on where to find this. I'm adding it to my to do list.

KO
Old 10-28-2014, 05:19 PM
The13Bats
Race Director

I always have the little hidden kill switches, heck my vw trike doesn't even have a key but if I didn't tell you how you would go nuts trying to start it,
Lets face it if someone wants it it will get hauled off,

But what I was talking about was this type thing on the rear,

I picked up the flaming rivers switch for 5.00 at a garage sale and bought the lugs for like 10.00 somewhere,

Some mount the switch right through a hole in the body or a rod comes out a body hole and the switch is back in there,
Old 10-29-2014, 04:08 AM
Jamess411
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Mine is setup like Mad Max's…you try to start it without the correct switch and BOOM!!!!
ok just kidding…but a good idea
Old 10-29-2014, 11:23 AM
The13Bats
Race Director

Originally Posted by Jamess411
Mine is setup like Mad Max's…you try to start it without the correct switch and BOOM!!!!
ok just kidding…but a good idea

I will take a pic and post it later,
My trikes main power switch was inspired by Mad Max, his had a little Kewpie doll tied to it but mine has the "Bats" touch....

Get notified of new replies

To Kill switch, remote jumper lugs?

Quick Reply: Kill switch, remote jumper lugs?